The Civilization II HOF Thread!

Thanks to Catilin72 for his invaluable "Walkthrough" of the best of Civ-Fanatics & Apolyton forums, I can finally accept the high SCORES achieved within the strict rules of HOF via the "Tricks of the Trade" exploitation of the AI's failure to pass the "Turing Test". All the very best to everyone! Cheers! :cool:

Hey, just wondering if the HOF is still current? I just mailed in my save files but I see this forum hasn't been active for almost 2 years.

Also, I know there's a rule against reloading - in my game, I had to reload once around 1500 AD because I got the 'wave out error'. My statue of Liberty had just finished building and it tried to play the Wonder movie and bugged out. I didn't realise my headphones had gotten unplugged. I had to force close the game using task manager.

When I reloaded from the autosave, it took me to the previous turn where I had two unopened villages, and both villages gave me the 'advanced tribe' thing so I got 2 free cities out of it. None of this was intentional and actually kind of pissed me off because I'd been trying so hard to get to this point, planning on submitting the save files and I didn't want any reloaded villages, dammit! :(

I hope this won't be a problem?

EDIT: I tried mailing to the actual email address on that page but I guess neither gonzo's address nor the "civ2gotm@civfanatics.net" address is active. My email bounced back from both. Is HOF dead?

Welcome SneezyBear.

This thread has been inactive for 2 years but the forum itself is active.

The civ2GOTM is only for the Game Of The Month and does not maintain the HOF. Being active in GOTM, I can tell you the address for submissions changed from what you cited above to civ2gotm@gmail.com sometime in 2008 or 2009.

As for reloads, the rule we go by in the GOTMs which may or may not be the standard for HOF is that if you have to reload because of a technical problem you have to recreate all chance events: battle outcomes, hut outcomes, and barbarian showings. In other words, you have to keep reloading till you get pretty much the same results that you got on your first try.

Hola, just checking if the HOF is still active. I just finished a game with a rating of 500+%. :)

Hola, just checking if the HOF is still active. I just finished a game with a rating of 500+%. :)

Congratulations on your accomplishment!

I've never paid any attention to the Hall Of Fame, but this seems to be its current location:

https://www.civfanatics.com/civ2/hof/

The links to score/power graph images seem to have failed.

Perhaps @Magic_gorter is around, since he seems to have been the last person to deal with the Hall of Fame.

You might as well just upload the save file and screenshots of score and power graph here. That will be way more visible than the Hall of Fame page anyway, and if anyone ever updates the HOF, your contribution will at least be here to be checked for qualification.

Thanks, these are my last scores. :)

upload_2021-9-2_14-59-14.png

Attachments

• upload_2021-9-2_14-59-0.png
    upload_2021-9-2_14-59-0.png
    98.1 KB · Views: 36
And that is the save file. I almost was able to upgrade every square!

Attachments

• Americans.sav
    174.2 KB · Views: 39
I can edit the scores in, but I'd need someone else to confirm it from the savegame (as I don't have Civ2 anymore, and therefore can't check).
If maybe @Prof. Garfield could confirm this, then I'd gladly update the list.

(I don't know if it's possible to fix the broken things there...)

I can edit the scores in, but I'd need someone else to confirm it from the savegame (as I don't have Civ2 anymore, and therefore can't check).
If maybe @Prof. Garfield could confirm this, then I'd gladly update the list.

I just checked. The save @Echoes78 uploaded has a 2010 turn, but the spaceship is due to arrive in 2020 (the year a standard Civ II game ends). @Echoes78 , please submit a save at the end of the 2019 turn. Also, please submit screenshots of the score screen and power graph when the game ends.

The game is a warlord level game, and I assume it was played in Multiplayer Gold Edition, although it could also have been played in classic. If @Echoes78 could please confirm this, it would be helpful.

(I don't know if it's possible to fix the broken things there...)

I wouldn't spend any time trying to do that.

I just checked. The save @Echoes78 uploaded has a 2010 turn, but the spaceship is due to arrive in 2020 (the year a standard Civ II game ends). @Echoes78 , please submit a save at the end of the 2019 turn. Also, please submit screenshots of the score screen and power graph when the game ends.

The game is a warlord level game, and I assume it was played in Multiplayer Gold Edition, although it could also have been played in classic. If @Echoes78 could please confirm this, it would be helpful.

I wouldn't spend any time trying to do that.

And this is the save game!

I confirm that the version of the game is Multiplayer Gold Edition.

Thanks a lot for your consideration! :)

Attachments

• Americans2019ad.sav
    174.1 KB · Views: 160

It's all good. You can make the change when you have the time.

Top Bottom