The Democracy Team Name

Cyc

Looking for the door...
While we are waiting for the secret forums (or whatever they are called) to be put in place, we might as well start doing things related to the game that do not require those forums.

First on the list could be choosing the name of the team. Anyone and everyone who has a suggestion for the name of the team should post below. We can run a poll to make the final decision.

I'll keep a list of the proposed names in this post.

1. Eagles
2. Team Prez
3. Team Freedom
4. Team Soviet
5. Team MacLean
6. Civatics

I've been thinking about this for days and this name sticks with me. It's not about the rock band or the football team. I'm talking about the talon-locking, climb to great heights bird. It was actually inspired by a movie I watched the other day called "Where Eagles Dare". A great WWII movie with Clint Eastwood and Richard Burton. One of the best. Anyway, in order for us to beat the other 3 teams, we are going to have to soar like Eagles.

ohh... Where Eagles Dare is a good movie, great book. best thing about it... germans got their butts kicked...

We could call ourselves "Where Eagles Dare", shortened to Eagles ;)

Team Prez or Team Freedom
Prez stands for President, part of a Democracy.
Freedom is similar to the MTDG II team name, but appropriate for democracy.

OR...

We could go Team New Poland. Why? Because Germany invaded Poland, now the Polish are going to destroy the Germans.

OR...

It's opposite day and we go Team Soviet or Team Commie

V
Also, see my sig V

Ah, Where Eagles Dare. Captain John Smith and Lt. Schaefer. I haven't read that book in many, many years, but in my teens it was a favorite. I really enjoyed The Golden Rendezvous; it took me many years to get my own copy.

These were written by Alistair MacLean, who also wrote The Guns of Navaronne, The Satan Bug, Ice Station Zebra and a lot of other things that got made into movies.

I would like to suggest

Team MacLean

We could use his titles as names of our cities, with the capital being Where Eagles Dare.

:) Thanks for the support, AutomatedTeller and CommandoBob. Wish I had read the book. The Eye of the Needle is another good book (although I believe it was called 'Die Needle' when I read it).

@ Sparthage - Commie and New Poland may be a little too direct for our team name, but I did list three of your other suggestions. ;)

@ Sparthage - Commie and New Poland may be a little too direct for our team name, but I did list three of your other suggestions. ;)
That's fine. I'm just typing the names that come to mind.

I loved alistair maclean. I highly recommend his books - well, at least the ones he wrote up to the 70's. After about Seawitch, they declined.

Ken Follet wrote Eye of the Needle, right? I read that, too - I believe it was one of the first books I read with an explicit sex scene in it. Though, I may be mixing it up with every Robert Ludlum book ever written, which all have one sex scene, not very long or really important to the plot - and, of course, the allotment of 111 exclamation points. (number chosen for effect, not any indication that he used 111 exclamation points in each book)

Yeah, Ken Follet wrote Eye of the Needle. Now that I think about it, Die Needle was the main character's code name, not the title. I was just thinking it would have been a great title also.

I read Guns of Navaronne as a boy also. :)

Ok, people. We've had about a month to think up a name for the team. Please post your suggestion now, so we can run a poll. Thanks.

I like Eagles basically.

If we want to give a hint about our attitude, we could either call our team WRATH, or HARMONY :)

But that could influence other teams attitude towards us, I fear.

Alright, I'll put a poll together in about 4 hours, and we can try to decide which of these names we will be. Last chance to submit a name....

Top Bottom