The Frozen are cockroaches...

DioAurion

Warlord
In my current game I am nearing completion of my first conquest victory. I destroyed the Frozen 8 turns ago.. but they don't seem to want to go quietly into the night. Every city I don't burn seems to be immediately overtaken by 'young krocachen' or some such green orb. Often killing weakened heroes inside of the city.

Is this intentially part of the Frozen's abilities? Are these frozen souls bringing them back to life after I've already crushed the life out of them twice?

Did you mean any unit that kills one? Cause the other way around wouldn't explain my problem. I'm also confused as how the sheim capital that is a good 15 turns by horse ride away on the map, conquered by a completely different stack, was overrun with these orbs the same turn it was conquered.

I remember reading that ability and thinking it sounded OP. I haven't seen the Frozen in a game yet, so I'm not sure if I understand it. As read, any living unit that gets damaged by a krocachan in combat will eventually die and spawn some young ones. Is this reading of the ability correct?

I remember reading that ability and thinking it sounded OP. I haven't seen the Frozen in a game yet, so I'm not sure if I understand it. As read, any living unit that gets damaged by a krocachan in combat will eventually die and spawn some young ones. Is this reading of the ability correct?

Yes, that's how it works. Several things could be balanced. Such as:

-The number of young Kocrachon spawned, it's currently between 3 to 5, could be changed to 1 to 3
-The strength of the young Kocrachon units, currently a 2/1 with combat bonuses on ice and tundra and combat penalties on jungles and forests as well as the Ice Demon promotion which gives +1 Cold Combat, increased resistance to ice and unholy damage, minus resistance to fire damage. Ice Demon could be removed.
-The time young Kocrachon are around, currently they have a 1 in 5 chance of dying every turn- that chance could be increased
-The chance of a Nested unit... hatching... is also currently 1 in 5- that could be decreased.
-The adult Kocrachon unit could be made more expensive or pushed back further in the tech tree (currently it replaces the Chariot, since I really had no clue where to put it)

(All these numbers are from my version).

One major balance issue I'm suggesting is that if you destroy the Frozen civ.. the Kocrachon's shouldn't ever spawn. They are dead (twice over in my game), no civ should be able to be reborn after being destroyed twice.

Cure disease (and all associated pools and bath visiting) should also be able to counter it. Dragons, if they aren't already, should be immune to the effects as well.

(First, in case you don't understand, when I say "I'll change it", I mean I'll change it in the original Frozen mod I created for vanilla FFH, and when I say, "I've done this already", I mean that I have made the change to that original Frozen mod after it was merged into Wildmana).

I like those ideas. I'll block Nested from Dragons and let Cure Disease remove it.

I'll also probably increase the death chance for young Kocrachon, increase the cost of the Kocrachon, and decrease the number of Kocrachon spawned.

One major balance issue I'm suggesting is that if you destroy the Frozen civ.. the Kocrachon's shouldn't ever spawn. They are dead (twice over in my game), no civ should be able to be reborn after being destroyed twice.

I've done this already- the way I did it was that Kocrachon are still spawned, but they're barbarians instead of Frozen.

Top Bottom