The House of Usher

Brugarin

Warlord
So this is the heavy metal god faction, right? Now I've done a little thinking and I have a couple of ideas to tweak them. As it says in Halloween Jack's description text and as far we (the heavy metal fans) know, rock culture is wild, hedonistic, spaced-out and has become a world-wide community, regardless of religion, nationality, race, sex, etc.

What I have in mind is this: cut the :hammers: that House of Usher recieves for buildings (I would go for 0% building production, but if that is too extreme, then let it be something around 25%), so the only way they could build anything would require buying it. (through universal suffrage, or another civic)

Now, the money would have to come from somewhere, so I figured they should own a unit (which could be national - max 4 copies of it), a Tour Bus, that would have the ability to give you money by using the Play Gig ability in cities your opponents control, depending on how much the respective faction likes you or not. (how much money should this be, I couldn't say... It should require some testing first) This amount of money could be influenced by the fact that the city in which the bus stops has a broadcast tower or not and by the fact that you control the radio wonder (Voice of the Wasteland or whatever it's called) or not.

As UU, I thought about a replacement for the Survivors would be the Metal Militia, which would start with City Garrison 1, anyway, for better protection in the first stages of the game. And maybe a replacement for Choppers, Motorheads, that would be better at pillaging the eventual hostile civilizations.

And that's my two cents.

If your cutting the overall production HoU receive there ought to be a side benefit. Extra Happiness seems the most likely trade-off.

I like the idea of Motorheads. Maybe they could have Iron Maidens too.

The 'Iron Maidens' are more Philosophical than Aggresive. :p

I don't think a side benefit is necesarry. All you need is a way to make lots of money. Halloween Jack is charismatic already, so here's your happyness benefit. Maybe a trade-off could be that other civs would be happy instead of angry that they have close borders with you. This way the House of Usher won't be completely demolished on higher difficulties.

I'm just guessing.

Top Bottom