The Hunger Games - The Second Rebellion

THIS IS NOW A MOD
FEATURES:
-Four new civs (The Capitol, District 13, the Rebels, and the Loyalists)
-A number of existing units have been renamed to fit the naming scheme of the military of the books (which is to say extremely generic and simplified)
-New UUs for each nation, ranging from the humble Peacekeeper to the feared Hovercraft.
-15 new World Wonders to represent the 13 Districts, the Capitol, and even the Hunger Games themselves.
-An updated version of my already existing scenario (with more to come).

This is only the first version, and I'm still new to modding, so as my skill increases, so will the quality of the mod.

I do not own or claim ownership of "The Hunger Games", "Catching Fire", Mockingjay" or any affiliated characters or symbols. All that stuff belongs to Suzanne Collins and Lionsgate

Here's a link to the download page : http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=17001

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    180.3 KB · Views: 1,250
  • Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    278.9 KB · Views: 1,574
  • Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    265.9 KB · Views: 1,730
Why are there mass barbarian cossacks randomly spawning? I lost District 9 to barbarians, not Coin. When/if you do make a mod, you should make Peacekeepers require a special building and only make it avaliable in Districts 1,2, and 4. Also, the troops under Coin should be set to attack the cities; I had them mostly walking back to 13 after killing half of them and fighting off pillaging parties.

Why are there mass barbarian cossacks randomly spawning? I lost District 9 to barbarians, not Coin. When/if you do make a mod, you should make Peacekeepers require a special building and only make it avaliable in Districts 1,2, and 4. Also, the troops under Coin should be set to attack the cities; I had them mostly walking back to 13 after killing half of them and fighting off pillaging parties.
Yeah, I was tinking of getting rid of the barbs. Ill set Coins troops to attack city, and upload a "patch" in a day or two.
Thanks for pointing out some of those problems.

New version out. Just re-download from the link in the first post.

You should make it so other countries can join the frey, like making huge European empires that can help the rebels or the Capitol. Like I said, its an awesome mod.:goodjob::king::lol::ar15::beer::trophy::spear:

WONDERFUL scenario. I have read the books, and this is as good as it gets. I have only one problem with this:
It appears to be geared so the two sides will kill each other.
I know that was probably intentional, but it is downright impossible to win as the rebs with that approach. My suggestion, and what I always do, is rebuild the East coast first. I have screenies. (Name changes are symbolic for me. Sorry if that screws up the content)

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG
    141.8 KB · Views: 768
  • Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 688
  • Civ4ScreenShot0012.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0012.JPG
    194.4 KB · Views: 585
Thanks for the support!
While testing, I originally had Coin control ALL of the districts, except one and two (being the two most pampered by the capital), but it didn't feel right having the rebels so powerful, so I went with the current approach, which, unfortunately doesn't work so well either.

I've been thinking of doing a related scenario based on the whole world (which ironically uses a map that is very similar to your sea level map). If you have suggestions, I'd gladly try to incorporate them. Once again, thanks for the support :)

Thanks for the support!
While testing, I originally had Coin control ALL of the districts, except one and two (being the two most pampered by the capital), but it didn't feel right having the rebels so powerful, so I went with the current approach, which, unfortunately doesn't work so well either.

I've been thinking of doing a related scenario based on the whole world (which ironically uses a map that is very similar to your sea level map). If you have suggestions, I'd gladly try to incorporate them. Once again, thanks for the support :)

Heck, just use my sea level map if it makes your life easier. Helps spread my prestige.

To the three people that play this mod, don't fear, for I have not abandoned it! In fact, here is a unit I just skinned...
The Peacekeeper! (based off of Rabbit, White's "Riot Police"

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0012.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0012.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 287
  • Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 413
To the three people that play this mod, don't fear, for I have not abandoned it! In fact, here is a unit I just skinned...
The Peacekeeper! (based off of Rabbit, White's "Riot Police"

Looks good so far. Any luck with leaderheads for these guys? I haven't seen the movie, but I assume you could find similar LHs.

Looks good so far. Any luck with leaderheads for these guys? I haven't seen the movie, but I assume you could find similar LHs.

Sorry for the late response, but to answer your question, yes. However, I'm really only working on this mod intermittently but I can assure you that it will be out eventually

This is cool! Do you plan to create a mod for this on Civ V? I would love to contribute but still planning to make some. I'm still studying the materials for modding though. Do you have links, materials or advice for modding newbies like me? I have programming and graphic design background, currently in line with engineering.

Top Bottom