The Inheritance Cycle

Gooblah

Heh...
I don't remember seeing a thread for this at all, so here goes:

The Inheritance Cycle
A Fall From Heaven II mod-mod based on the series by Christopher Paolini

The Inheritance Cycle is a popular fantasy series half-way done. It is based on famous works like Dragonlore, Lord of the Rings, and others. It chronicles the story of a young Dragon rider, Eragon, and his dragon Saphira as they attempt to overthrow the brutal, immortal overlord of their land (Alagaesia), Galbatorix. They must fend off political advances and power-hungry allies and foes alike as they navigate their way to their goal.

Currently, there are two books in the series: Eragon, and Eldest. The third book, Brisinger will come out on September 20th.

There is a map of Alagaesia in the main C&C Forum, here.

Civilizations:
Spoiler :

1) The Varden; Leaders: Ajihad, Nasuada
2) Carvahall; Leaders: Roran Garrowsson
3) Eragon; Leaders: Eragon
4) Broddring Kingdom (The Empire); Leaders: Galbatorix
5) Dwarven Empire; Leaders: Hrothgar
6) Kingdom of Surda; Leaders: King Orrin
7) Elven Empire; Leaders: Islanzadi
8) Urgal Tribes; Leaders: Garzhvog

Eragon is simply Eragon, Saphira, and Brom. Assuming two scenarios are made (one for each book), the Varden will be led by Ajihad in the first and Nasuada in the second. Carvahall is Eragon's town; however, the king attempts to crush it and enslave the inhabitants after Eragon resists joining him. Carvahall is led out of danger by Roran, Eragon's cousin. The Urgal Tribes are like Trolls, in a way, except smarter and better fighters.

Units will be in the Medieval Era, with the exception of spellcasters and heroes (the unique units of each Civilization such as Eragon, Shruikan (Galbatorix's dragon), Saphira, Brom, Jeod, the Ra'zac, etc).

I'll need a lot of help for this since I have no modding experience. In reality, I'll just end up supplying ideas.

I don't remember seeing a thread for this at all, so here goes:

The Inheritance Cycle
A Fall From Heaven II mod-mod based on the series by Christopher Paolini

The Inheritance Cycle is a popular fantasy series half-way done. It is based on famous works like Dragonlore, Lord of the Rings, and others. It chronicles the story of a young Dragon rider, Eragon, and his dragon Saphira as they attempt to overthrow the brutal, immortal overlord of their land (Alagaesia), Galbatorix. They must fend off political advances and power-hungry allies and foes alike as they navigate their way to their goal.

Currently, there are two books in the series: Eragon, and Eldest. The third book, Brisinger will come out on September 20th.

There is a map of Alagaesia in the main C&C Forum, here.

Civilizations:
Spoiler :

1) The Varden; Leaders: Ajihad, Nasuada
2) Carvahall; Leaders: Roran Garrowsson
3) Eragon; Leaders: Eragon
4) Broddring Kingdom (The Empire); Leaders: Galbatorix
5) Dwarven Empire; Leaders: Hrothgar
6) Kingdom of Surda; Leaders: King Orrin
7) Elven Empire; Leaders: Islanzadi
8) Urgal Tribes; Leaders: Garzhvog

Eragon is simply Eragon, Saphira, and Brom. Assuming two scenarios are made (one for each book), the Varden will be led by Ajihad in the first and Nasuada in the second. Carvahall is Eragon's town; however, the king attempts to crush it and enslave the inhabitants after Eragon resists joining him. Carvahall is led out of danger by Roran, Eragon's cousin. The Urgal Tribes are like Trolls, in a way, except smarter and better fighters.

Units will be in the Medieval Era, with the exception of spellcasters and heroes (the unique units of each Civilization such as Eragon, Shruikan (Galbatorix's dragon), Saphira, Brom, Jeod, the Ra'zac, etc).

I'll need a lot of help for this since I have no modding experience. In reality, I'll just end up supplying ideas.

Honestly, though this would be a fun mod, Nobody like someone who'll "end up supplying ideas." everyone can come up with ideas. learning to mod (at least XML is a very easy process (took me much less than a day to understand the gist of it))

so, what i say is, learn to mod, and then cerate this mod. people will then be much more niclined to help you...

sincerely,
thomas

Thomas you couldn't give me some tips/direct me to some tips about xml modding some time could you. There's a few small changes I've wanted to make for a long time now.

Sure, i'd be happy too

Honestly, i learned everything i needed by using this tutorial for vanilla,and guessing/improvising about the rest and looking at other mods (most tags are obvious, and the rest can be asked about in the forums)

if you need anything mroe specfic, i'de be happy to help you.

@Gooblah: sorry for stsealng your thread like this, but i recall an inheritence mod out there (for vanilla, i think) i'll look for it, and post it here.

Top Bottom