The king of England has won a TROLL victory

danbadone

Chieftain
Soooo,

I just finished my first game (on pioneer), and the king decided to troll me hardcore mode :( After around 50 turns into the war for independence (50 turns left to win), he just decided to stop sending in his ground forces (which I had no trouble defeating so far). In the end, and for the most part of the 50 turns, he had 4 regulars, 1 dragoon and 1 artillery left (in Europe :mad:) and won the game.

I must admit that it is a very sound strategy (how could he possibly lose like this!), but is there any way to avoid this kind of bullsh*t? Maybe there's a mod or something that fixes this? It pretty much ruined several hours of gameplay :(

Oh and by the way: What would happen if I managed to sink all his ships before he got all of his troops into the new world? Do I win or does he?

Cheers

Welcome to the forum danbadone [party] :band: :popcorn: :beer:

To answer your last question first - if you sink all the king's ships and defeat any landed troops then you win the game regardless of how many men he has left in Europe.

Regarding the missing REF, I have never had this happen to me but several people have posted with the same problem. Maybe they landed elsewhere on the map and got lost. It seems unlikely but you can check with Worldbuilder.

Top Bottom