[BNW] The Master Plan

EDre

Chieftain
So in my current game I am playing as Germany on a Continents map on Epic Mode. The Maya are to the South of me and the Celts are to the west. All three of us founded different religions. The Celts and I both spread our religions to different parts of the world without headbutting each other and we expanded pretty far. But the Maya kept on trying to spread their religion into my territory instead of spreading out. Even though this was annoying, I was still friends with the Mayans and had a defensive pact with them. So then in the industrial era I had a great prophet but did not know what to do with it. Then Mongolia declared war on the Mayans and our defensive pact dragged me into it. I needed to travel through Mayan territory anyway to get to Mongolia so I finally put my Great Prophet to use. While my troops were moving through the Mayan territory I converted all their cities to my religion and made their religion "dead". In the end, their religion had 0 Cities and very few followers left, even in their Holy City.

What master plans have you had?

Hate to burst your bubble, but you have not eliminated the Mayan religion. Internal Holy City pressure will eventually reassert itself and reconvert the Mayan Holy city. In addition, all Maya has to do is generate another Great Prophet to reconvert even more quickly.

Hate to burst your bubble, but you have not eliminated the Mayan religion. Internal Holy City pressure will eventually reassert itself and reconvert the Mayan Holy city. In addition, all Maya has to do is generate another Great Prophet to reconvert even more quickly.

I dont have to wory about them generating a great prophet... I defeated them completely after I posted this.

Once you own a holy city, you can zap their former holy city with an inquisitor to remove the holy city status (and associated internal pressure), whereupon their heretical religion will be truly gone for good.

Top Bottom