The Time Machine spaceship alternative

I've used RAD Video Tools for years and it only ever asks me if I want to check for the latest version.

Hey I added the Time Machine to my Civ3 Expanded mod.
I just removed all references to the Space Race... I'll finish it tomorrow (watching football now) and send it to you if you want.
I don't see the Minowski Cage on the Tech Tree. I'll find out whats up with it.
... :D:D:D I thought WHAT IS UP because the Civilopedia kept giving errors... but that good man's name was Riemann (i before e)

I've attached how I put it in the game. The icon for the Monowski Cage has been changed and works now.

View attachment Time Machine.rar
View attachment Minkowski Cage small.pcx
View attachment Time Machine1.rar

The modification is very do-able. Let me know if my way works for you.
It wouldnt help if i post my txt files because those are modded text files.

I could mod the orinigal text files so it becomes plug and play :)

Oh and in the mod I replaced most of the parts to different techs. A small wonder of time travel needs to be researched - i need to change or add the tech as it is still under space travel. But it makes sense. Without a sense of space there couldnt be time travel, as explained in the 1960 movie ;).
And i gave all the parts different requirements so you really need a lot of resources to be able to build it.

Well, let me know if you need any graphics files in order to accomplish what you want to do. IIRC, there were both large and small wonder graphics in the download.

I would love to see a screenshot of what you've done, at some point.

Funny, it never occurred to me to make a plug-n-play version. Poor newbies, never have anything they can use 'out of the box' around here.

Hi Theov! I was finally able to open it with my Bink viewer last night to take a look, and I think you've done a great job with it. Queen was a bold choice for the soundtrack, but it works. And it ends just where you said it would - at the dawn of a new civilization. Well done! And well edited, too. :goodjob::goodjob::clap::clap:

So could you do just one more thing for me? Could you zip that movie up and make it available here on this thread and/or in the database (it is already, bless you, available in your mod) for other modders who would like to use it with the Time Machine spaceship? I will happily link to it on the OP.

Thank you, Theov. You've made the perfect cherry for the top of the sundae!

Hi Theov! I was finally able to open it with my Bink viewer last night to take a look, and I think you've done a great job with it. Queen was a bold choice for the soundtrack, but it works.
imho Queen is in many ways a truly steampunk band. The particular song chosen is very apt, but unexpected (to me at least).
Doesn't have BTTF music though, ...
If the reason was finding a suitable version it's worth noting that we (C3 C&C) have written permission to use Vernian Process' music in our mods/scenarios (subject to the usual non-commercial use limitations) & they have done a version of the BTTF theme with sort of a triumphal march feel to it.

For the BTTF theme - I dl'd it several years ago. Don't remember where from - at the time there were a few different places VP had their stuff. It's in the "Symphonic Collection" along with some other soundtrack themes as well as classical stuff like Mars, Bringer of War and a version of Mozart's Toy Symphony that almost has a fairground organ (orchestrion) feel to it in places.

imho Queen is in many ways a truly steampunk band. The particular song chosen is very apt, but unexpected (to me at least).
to me I chose it on autopilot, I was editing and saw the 'add music' function, so I did that. It was the first song I selected and it fit like a glove.
I have been listening to a lot of queen lately (live in Montreal 1981, Wembley 1986).

The song and the movie have the same subjects; bravery and love. So I think that's why they fit.

If the reason was finding a suitable version it's worth noting that we (C3 C&C) have written permission to use Vernian Process' music in our mods/scenarios (subject to the usual non-commercial use limitations) & they have done a version of the BTTF theme with sort of a triumphal march feel to it.
I don't think that's going to improve it.

Top Bottom