The trade system needs some considerable tweaking

I merely think the window occupies too much danged space. The drop down should just be the two city names, and expand if you mouse over it, or something like this.

But there are some glitches to fix with the game, first. Some bad stability issues.

What's wrong with having to manually do stuff in the game? When a trade route expires, one should always reevaluate and see if there are better options, given the changes that could have happened in the meantime. The previous route is always labeled (if still valid) but paying attention to all details is how one could improve their gameplay.
Well, every one plays different. In all of my games I heavily used trade embargoes. Even if I don't have an embargo, sometimes there are civilizations I don't want to trade with or some I have to trade with to secure their existence. Most of the time my trade routes are fixed, the chance that I change the destination is absolutely minimal, especially in the endgame. That's why I find the current mechanic a bit annoying.

It would be much better if the "previous trade route" would always be on top, so the reassignment could be done a lot faster.

The biggest issue I have with the trade system UI is that I can't assign routes from the Available Trade Routes window. I micro and adjust every route every time, and it gets tedious switching back and forth between that screen and the unit's TR assignment screen, especially if I am moving the trade unit to a different city, which requires doing the process twice (since I don't always remember what I had planned).:grumble:

I agree having the previous route default at the top would be handy too.

The biggest issue I have with the trade system UI is that I can't assign routes from the Available Trade Routes window. I micro and adjust every route every time, and it gets tedious switching back and forth between that screen and the unit's TR assignment screen, especially if I am moving the trade unit to a different city, which requires doing the process twice (since I don't always remember what I had planned).:grumble:

I agree having the previous route default at the top would be handy too.

I agree on both accounts.

A) Previous Trade Route should be an option at the top.
B) You should be able to pause your caravan from leaving a city you own. I'm tired of them running out from protection when I know there is a barb just sitting out there and waiting for them.

Top Bottom