The Untold Story of George Washington

Protagonist

Warlord
Hello, this is a civilization let's play/fan-fic.

I'm using a few mods, namely: Unique Unit from Conquest, and a few civilization-adding mods. I'm not going to say what they all are, as not to spoil things ;).

The map is set to Earth, and I'm playing as Washington.
By Happenstance, I've been placed in North America.

Blue text is Washington's journal entries.

Spoiler Log 1: A Civilization to stand the test of time :

(Turn 1)
Every day, the same dream. A voice tells me about the glories of the American people, and asks me “Can you build a civilization that will stand the test of time?”. I am not sure that I can. However, I will try, with every last ounce of my strength, to secure the prosperity of my tribe. The Shamans tell me I am having visions. I’m not so sure. People have long insisted that I was some sort of prophet. No, I am just a plantation owner.
Regardless, I’ve sent out warriors to try and map the land. I’ll be training a dedicated scouting team shortly.

Spoiler Log 2: Spears :

(Turn 4)
The team of warriors walked forewards, holding their wooden and rock clubs in their hands.
One of them, a tall, brown-haired man by the name of James, saw what appeared to be an ancient road.
He called out to his team to follow it, when the found in the forest, a destroyed camp. There were skeletons laying about.
They likely died of starvation.
James saw something, though: a chest. When he opened it, he beheld the most beautiful weapons and armor he's even seen.

He lifted up what a vest made of chainmail. Inside were also spears made of bronze. Nobody in the tribe had the ability to make such weapons.
They quickly armed themselves.

Spoiler Log 3: Barbarians! :

(turn 23)
As James's team (now spearmen) patrolled the area around their city, they saw, in the distance, a group of men carrying clubs. One carried a black flag. They were wearing furs, and wore a cow's skull on their head. They were a terrifying sight to behold.
The team of spearmen stopped when they realized that the brutes were coming to them.
James shouted "Halt! Who goes there!".
One of them (the man carrying the flag) walked up and introduced himself. "Well helloooooo, there! Would you like me to sing you the song of our people?"
James turned to one of his allies, and raised an eyebrow.
He then turned back to the strange, scary man and said "No, sir. A simple introduction will suffice."

The man stepped forewards. He had very pale skin, long, black hair, a nose peircing, and wore black leather armor. He had a fu manchu style mustache. "How boring" he said in a monotone, nonplussed voice. "My name, it is Ra. And we are the Barbarians. I take it by the blue color of your armor you work for that accursed Washington?" He went on. "It's really selfish, isn't it, how some sit in ivory towers, while the rest of us are forced to fend for ourselves? Now, if you will, I suggest you hand over your weapons and gold, and then maybe, I'll allow you to live."

James shook his head. "That's not going to happen."

Ra laughed and said "Alright, boys! Show him what we're made of!"

James readied his shield and spear. A Brute ran up to him, holding a wooden club. He blocked the attack with his shield, and then he stabbed the man with the end of his spear. The end result was not pretty, the spear impaled him through the stomach. The brute was filled with shock for a moment, at which point James smashed his shield into the brute's head, knocking him quite dead.

It had seemed that the entire battle had gone similarly. The Barbarians had underestimated the strength of bronze. Ra ordered a retreat, and those surviving had run away.

Spoiler The Song of the Barbarian Hordes :

Fun Fact: The Barbarian Hordes have a themesong. It's a rap that goes like this:

Yo. We're barbarians.
Here to get in your hair again.
Annoying civs is what we do,
we'll fight until you're black and blue.
We attack people, just for fun.
We leave no man standing, when we're done!
We'll harrass all of those city-states,
so hope you're ready to defend your mates.
We don't build cities-we just live in caves.
We'll turn your workers into slaves.
We can't be reasoned with, no how, no way.
We'll attack you no matter what you say!
We prefer our strength to our wits.
So don't even try that diplomacy shnitz.
Civilization, just too mainstream!
So we're here to destroy your nation's dreams.

Spoiler Log 4: Greece? :

We've finally trained an Archer Team. We'll be sending it off to patrol for any more of those Barbarians.
In other news, our scouts have encountered another team of scouts, who claim to be from the Tribe of Greece. I'll try to keep an eye on that information.
Another scout came into our town, claiming to be from a tribe called Polynesia.
Also, we've institutionalized Liberty. A group of workers have set out to improve our city.
All and all, things are pretty swell.

Spoiler Log 5: Ambush! :

Robin crawled through the canadian forest with her team of hunters, until she saw her prey. She was not hunting animals, however. She was hunting Barbarians. This group of barbarians had been harrassing the City state of Antwerp, and needed to be destroyed.
There were brutes there, but no women or children. There were the remains of a man on a rotisserie, being barbecued.
Robin silently held out her bow, knocked an arrow, and then let it go. The shaft arched through the air, and then landed into the kneck of a Brute who was approaching the fire.
The Brute stood silent for a moment, not comprehending what had just happened to it. His mouth filled with blood as he tried to ask "How?", filled with confusion and indignation at his demise.
Robin reached for another bow, when suddenly, a bunch of arrows had fallen from the air, and hit Robin's archers.
The Barbarians, it seemed, were also versed in archery.
Robin realized in horror: The Brutes at the Encampment were just unwitting bate for the Barbarian's trap.
Robin shouted "Retreat!" She and her team of archers ran off, but nonetheless, some were still killed by a second volley of arrows.

Spoiler Image of the known world as of turn 63 :

Spoiler Log 6: Retaliation and Progress :

After healing their wounds, Robin's team returned to try again.
The teams exchanged a volley of arrows, and the Barbarian Archers had wondered if the Americans had ever heard of "The definition of insanity".
However, there emerged a team of spearmen from the other side of the forest. Due to the diversion, the the Spearmen entered unhindered.
They left only one man alive, to tell their leader that their actions against city states would not go unnoticed. However, when the messenger came to a barbarian encampment, he was executed for his failure to protect the encampment.

Today, America is no longer a tribe. I have ordered the creation of a new city, in the east, known as New York. What was the Old York? I can't say that I know. However, I felt like it was a good name to give a city. The voters agreed.

We are, the American Republic. We cannot be stopped. We can only succeed.

Spoiler Log 7: The Priestess :

James approached an encampment on the east coast of Canada that had been harassing Greek scouts.
Yet another Barbarian Encampment to cause troubles. However, a better response team was created for this encampment than what was done for the encampment harrassing Antwerp. Multiple Archer teams, several warriors, and the Spearmen.

A man stepped out of the encampment. He wore attire different from what the other brutes wore. No cow skull on his head. Instead, he had a very nice mohawk. In his hands was a large, studded war club.

He shouted out "You there? You motherf***ers want to die? Then come down here!"

James laughed and shouted "Charge!". The spearmen charged, and did as expected to the brute army. However, the brute who had shouted at them had proved a competent fighter. He killed at least three of the spearmen. Finally, he was confronted by James.

James tried to spear him, but the Brute dodged. He turn around, and then smacked James to the ground. Only James's helmet managed to save him.
The Brute said "Remember this name, mother---. Dryto." he then turned and left, as he knew that he couldn't take on the whole army after him.

James was helped up by Robin, and then looked around. There was a woman tied down in one of the tents.

Today, the Spearmen found a priestess. She had never heard of America, but she made an interesting claim. Supposedly, she was given visions from god about a ruler named Washington. She claims that I am the messenger of the gods.
I'll never hear the end of this, will I?

On the plus side, our craftsman have finally managed to reproduce bronze. Spearmen will soon become the rule, rather than the exception to war. With this technology, I shall forge a mighty republic.

Spoiler Log 8: A New, Classical Age :

Though I've said it before, America is far from the small tribe of hunter-gatherers that I was born into.
We've managed to invent bronze, chariots, new systems of writing, mining, and the list still goes on.
We have 3 major provinces, Washington (a town which people insisted on naming after me. This'll be confusing...), New York, and Texas.
The keepers of our tribe's history are calling this "The Classical Age". I can't say I know why. Nonetheless, I do believe that America can no longer be called a "tribe" anymore. I'll leave that designation for our city-state partners.

Though times are prosperous, my job is not complete. It seems that we are not the only ones growing in strength.
I've heard very disturbing reports of Barbarians carrying spears, and riding in large galleys. Things previously only found in sacred ruins are now toys for the Barbarians to spread chaos with. I don't know where they're getting these weapons from. Is somebody supplying them? Or have they managed to make these weapons themselves? I don't know which is scarier.

Meanwhile, we've sent teams of explorers into the South American continent. There, they've discovered a few interesting things. There's a tribe of people there known as the Zulus, and another known as the Aztecs.

In addition, they've made an even more terrifying discovery: Barbarians exist in South America as well. Not only that, but they've been attacking Zulus and Aztecs. There seems to be no place where man can escape from their evil.

Subbing. Great job so far. The barbarian rap was funny.:lol:

Various causes have made me decide to restart on a new save. However, do not despair, as my playthrough of the second file will be amazing.
No, seriously. Santa Clause invades Aperture Science-level awesome.

Top Bottom