There used to be a map script that allowed one-tile-island oceanic worlds. Where is it now?

Somebody613

Deity
I'm probably just missing it somewhere, but the best I managed to find recently, was a few-tile-islands-archipelago ocean world script.
That's still not what I'm looking for - a literal one-tile-islands ocean world, with NO land masses of bigger sizes.
I remember that this script had a vast variety of "continent" options - this merely being on one side of the spectrum, the other one being "no water at all".
So it's not a specialized "island" script, it's an "any landmass type" script.
Any ideas what happened to it?

If it was smart map then it was recently removed as it made the game use some 120 more megabyte of RAM due to its crazy amount of caching.
Could you maybe PLEASE add this option to one of the "good" world scripts?
They already have [Archipelago With Islands], just not [Only Islands].
Or instead tell ME how to tweak the continent sizes, so I can do it myself.

Checked.
It's Planet Generator that allows Archipelagos with Islands.
But there's no option to numerically affect the size of the actual continents, which is what I'm looking for.

Last edited:
I guess this is the closest planet generator can come to what you want.
1709045828723.png

Ah, I should then try (I'm going Gigantic, lol):
"Min 10 water tiles".
"Islands in all empty spaces".
May make it even closer.

Yeah, map size would influence what options you need, I did a normal map size, gigantic would likely need some option tweaks like you suggest there.
It seems that it only works on smaller map sizes.
Kinda logical, since you don't have much space there in the first place, so it goes small automatically.
Gigantic... not as such.
Still a funky world map that requires a lot of sailing, but totally not what I actually want it to be.
Oh, well.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    256.3 KB · Views: 14
It seems that it only works on smaller map sizes.
Kinda logical, since you don't have much space there in the first place, so it goes small automatically.
Gigantic... not as such.
Still a funky world map that requires a lot of sailing, but totally not what I actually want it to be.
Oh, well.
This is how it look with only 3 minimum tiles between continents on gigantic size.

Attachments

• 1709063139819.png
    1709063139819.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 15
Same as above, but set shape to round rather than unpredictable:
This might be the culprit making the continents elongated and thus bigger.
Thanks a lot anyways, even if there's no literal one-tile-world script anymore, lol.

Side question:
How do you get these screenshots?

Top Bottom