This game really sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kendrickdk

Chieftain
I thought this game would be fun... unfortunately I was wrong and lost another 20 bucks on a game not worth playing. First I didn't see that it's turn based... YUCK! Turn based games are the dorkiest things ever created. Second I assumed I would be able to build cities myself, instead you just tell it to build a city. Where is the fun in that? I don't get it. The worst par is no tutorial mode to explain how to play this monstrosity. I find myself sitting there navigating the various buttons looking for a friggin clue of what to do next.

I'm sure some of you love this game and congratulations on that... I unfortunately have a bad taste in my mouth from this game. Any suggestions for a game where I can build an empire from scratch but actually get to decide the layout of my cites and what gets built there?

I thought this game would be fun... unfortunately I was wrong and lost another 20 bucks on a game not worth playing. First I didn't see that it's turn based... YUCK! Turn based games are the dorkiest things ever created. Second I assumed I would be able to build cities myself, instead you just tell it to build a city. Where is the fun in that? I don't get it. The worst par is no tutorial mode to explain how to play this monstrosity. I find myself sitting there navigating the various buttons looking for a friggin clue of what to do next.

I'm sure some of you love this game and congratulations on that... I unfortunately have a bad taste in my mouth from this game. Any suggestions for a game where I can build an empire from scratch but actually get to decide the layout of my cites and what gets built there?

:eek: Perhaps wrong place to puke over a turnbased game. Your bad not knowing this. The Civilization series is the most known turnbased game series ever created.

You can try SimCity on the PC. The latest version is approx 3 years old and is named Sim City 4. There you create a city from scratch.

-_-. dude you picked a terrible place to bad mouth CIV.
I think you're looking for Age of Empires, in which u have viallager units, that can build things like barracks and walls and watch towers wherever u want. And there is plenty of war, but the game has no victory other than killing the other person. Also its not turn based.
So if u don't want to manage an empire but instead manage say a small village, but also still want the warmongering satisfaction of a burning enemy city, I'd say Age of empires is your best bet.
But be warned, each game spans a different time. The first one is very early history with Romans and Egyptians ETC., and the second game is the medieval time, and once u get a game going for a long time u can develop a few gunpowder units.
Finally the third game covers the time of the American revolution and western expansion.
There is also another title, Age of Mythology with Greeks, Egyptians, and the Norse, in which you can use special powers given to you by the gods, and create some mythological units like Centaurs and Hydras.
But CIV is not bad, it's just not you cup of tea my friend. Hope i was helpful and able to hide my burning hatred of your comment :goodjob:

It's called the Internet,look it up on IGN.

I hope you're just talking about CivRev, which, I'll admit, isn't nearly as good as the main series. If you're talking about the whole series, though, why would you talk smack about it on a website called "Civlization Fanatics Center"? :confused: That's like me going onto Nintendo.com and saying that Mario sucks. But I digress. If you really don't like it, then the door is right over there. No, a little to your left.

No game is suck if you are like it, Clearly that you aren't like it.
Well. But if you aren't want to waste your 20 bucks for crap cd. There some solutions for you.
1. Read the civilopedia. At least you would know who is Huayna Capac.
2. Just don't complain. Play on.
3. Just rapidly stomp it.
4. Donate it to Will It Blend. This would be most fascinated for you

Haha, actually you probably picked the best place to talk bad about civ because look at all the useful info about what game to play sim city and age of empires. I came from playing Warcraft III and I think the turn based factor is a good change of pace from games like that.

Turn based games are the dorkiest things ever created.

NO WAY.

The following turn based games are awesome:
SMAC
MOO2
Scrabble
Twister

No one talks about my favorite game like that and doesent regret it! :mad::(:sad: Civilization is the best game ever made (with the possible exception of spore) and it shall not be criticized by a person who hasn't ever played a turn-based game before like that! Shame on you!

I know. i'm a Civilization fanatic.. :)

Stick to "teabagging" folks on Halo at Xbox Live. That's clearly all the potential you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom