Tithing and Papal Primacy both seem Extremely Powerful

I just had to make a very difficult decision between Tithing and Papal Primacy. I ended up choosing Tithing, but both of these seem extremely powerful to me; perhaps overpowered.

I'm just barely into The Middle Ages and Tithing is already giving +10 gold-per-turn -and I can see that this figure is really about to sky-rocket very soon.

Papal Primacy, combined with Consulates also seems incredibly strong, with huge potential bonuses in a variety of things; allowing you to choose your focus.

I didn't even consider any of the other choices after I read the bonuses from Tithing and Papal Primacy. Do you think that these two are too strong?

also: As I mention above, choosing between these two wasn't an easy decision. I know it's completely situational, but what are the most important factors to consider when choosing between these two? Thanks in advance.

I just had to make a very difficult decision between Tithing and Papal Primacy. I ended up choosing Tithing, but both of these seem extremely powerful to me; perhaps overpowered.

I'm just barely into The Middle Ages and Tithing is already giving +10 gold-per-turn -and I can see that this figure is really about to sky-rocket very soon.

Papal Primacy, combined with Consulates also seems incredibly strong, with huge potential bonuses in a variety of things; allowing you to choose your focus.

I didn't even consider any of the other choices after I read the bonuses from Tithing and Papal Primacy. Do you think that these two are too strong?

also: As I mention above, choosing between these two wasn't an easy decision. I know it's completely situational, but what are the most important factors to consider when choosing between these two? Thanks in advance.

Papal Primacy is actually considered to be one of the weakest choices, but I think mostly on high difficult levels where the AI spam spam spams the CS with missionaries. It's hard to keep them your religion. On a lower difficulty, if you know you are going Patronage, yeah, what's not to love?

Considering what you need to do to get its effect, papal primacy is pretty weak. Maybe if it was buffed so that it didn't require consulates to get friendly with a pledge to protect (considering that you have to keep that CS as your religion it's nowhere near as strong as the old consulates was) or even so that all three could give you allied it would be worth getting. I'm actually surprised that you even need papal primacy to get a bonus to influence towards CS considering that converting other civs to your religion gives you a diplo bonus without any special belief.

As it stands now the bonus gold beliefs (which translate directly into influence anyway) and interfaith dialogue are almost always going to better to get.

It's very, very, very, very rare that I don't go with Tithe. Maybe when Religion first came out in G&K, but it's been a long time that I've taken anything else.

I mostly go with papal primacy as thats the only way to allow you to stay permanent friends with city states. But for the enchancer I would go with the 30% discount on missionaries otherwise the cs are going to be converted in no time

On Immortal/Deity most beliefs that force you to actually spread your religion are usually rather weak, because it's either impossible to keep up with the other civs or so faith-consuming that it's usually the better decision to stay local and enjoy the great persons that you can buy later on (Except for lategame-oriented domination maybe).

On anything below immortal Beliefs like Tithe are just... well... game-breaking. ^^

Top Bottom