Trade Route - How Many?

uthertepes

Chieftain
Hi,

Where i can find what type of technology/building or even unit that can increase the initial number (2) of trade route?

tnx

It's on the tech tree; one of the things that are under *.
Also the initial number is actually 0. You need to discover a tech even to build your first trade route.

This maxes out at 8 routes unless you build a couple of world wonders. (Unless playing Venice, in which case you are allowed 2X the trade routes)

The techs are
Animal Husbandry
Sailing
Engineering
Compass
Banking
Biology
Railroad
Penicillin

The wonders are
Petra
Collossus

Each tech or wonder gives +1

The only other effect is Venice's UA doubling the number

how come it won't let me make a trade route to a city even though it's 2 islands way?

Either you are trying to start a land trading route with the city or the city is simply (still) too far away. Try going for Sailing to increase the range of your sea routes.

Either you are trying to start a land trading route with the city or the city is simply (still) too far away. Try going for Sailing to increase the range of your sea routes.

Sailing is required to make sea routes in the first place, are you possibly refering to 'compass' :D?

no i have sailing and trade ship but it only lets me select certain cities for trade even the ones it won't are practically next door and they have been discovered by triremes/ships and have a direct path to them?

no i have sailing and trade ship but it only lets me select certain cities for trade even the ones it won't are practically next door and they have been discovered by triremes/ships and have a direct path to them?

Have you already made a trade route with the city, cause you can only have one trade route from city x to city y. Also if this is not the case could you upload a screenshot or a save game (I'd personally prefer the first) so we can see exactly how it looks =)

Every time you ask a question regarding a certain situation you're in, uploading either a save game or a screenshot will increase your chances of getting a useful and correct answer to your problem =)

Top Bottom