try each victory method or focus?

ddaymace

Chieftain
While not new to Civ series (own 3,4,5), I've only gotten into it recently, single player.
My favorite so far is Civ5 with BTS as a strong second.

Is it better to try/win all victory types on Chieftain/Warlord before moving up a difficulty level, or to focus on my favorite victory method and increase difficulty right away?

Regards:goodjob:

I wouldn't specialize too much on victory conditions right now. Just try to get a strong empire with basically a good everything (population, science, gold, production, culture). There are minor differences in playstyle with different victory conditions in mind, but focus a lot on getting your science running. If you can get in a strong tech lead in your difficulty level, you are ready to move up. Running a good, solid empire is the prerequisite to any victory type, and that's what you need to learn how to do.

A game or two on warlord and then moving to Prince is probably a good place to start. Try to vary your victory conditions for fun and to see how they interact, but don't focus on any specific one too much for now.

I hope you have fun civving!

Fastest way to advance difficulty levels is move up whenever you win and only repeat a difficulty level if you lose.

My first CiV game was on king, and that felt quite easy.
If you are a veteran of the series i suggest you start at prince or king, if that works go one up.

most victory conditions need a strong build up, basically science. find the level you are comfortable with first, then try different victory conditions, civilizations etc.

Top Bottom