Trying Out The Game

Seron

Warlord
So having gotten CivIV about a month ago with the BTS and Warlords Expansions, and the the standalone Colonization game, I decided to give BTS a break for just a second (Partly so it wouldn't keep on almost melting in my laptop from playing it too long :D ) and try out Colonization. And I actually like it, even though I heard it turned out to be an ok to bad game. And even though it seems this forum is relatively dying, I was wonder if some of you "wise and advanced players" could give me some tips and answer a couple of my questions as I continue playing my first game of Colonization.

First, is iron the only resource that is actually visible when you look around the land? Because I have been looking for silver and I have only found small amounts of it in hills but no visible resource.

Also, when the borders of one of your cities expands, is there a way to get some of your people to work those squares that aren't the eight squares shown around your city when you are in the city screen?

I am looking forward to playing more games of Colonization, along with BTS and Warlords and thanks in advance to the people who answer these questions. And also looking forward to hopefully crushing the apache who were stupid enough to declare war on me! :D

First, is iron the only resource that is actually visible when you look around the land? Because I have been looking for silver and I have only found small amounts of it in hills but no visible resource.

If you toggle on the icon 'Resource Display' it will show all bonus resources on the map. Iron is quite common but Silver is very rare and only found on Tundra Hills. However you can also mine silver from mountain peaks and if the mountain is on a river it is just as productive as the bonus resource.

Also, when the borders of one of your cities expands, is there a way to get some of your people to work those squares that aren't the eight squares shown around your city when you are in the city screen?

Unlike Civilzation you can only work 8 tiles in your colony, even after expansion.

Good luck against the Apache :ar15:

Thanks for answering my questions dalgo. :goodjob:

I knew you could find it in mountains but I will for some tundra hills to find the silver resource just to see.

I "should" win against the apache but we shall see. But you know what they say: A lot of spearmen can beat a tank. :spear: :D

Silver can be seen and that it does appear in tundra tiles. Iron sometimes appear in mountains for sure.

Ok thanks.

Top Bottom