Trying to remember bug in the original Editor

livinginaz

Seven Ages of Man
I've been getting into the game again and wanted to take a crack at a few small edits to scenarios/maps, but there was one question that keeps popping into my head. I seem to recall there was a bug in the original Firaxis editor that affected every file saved by it, but what the bug was escapes me. I'm thinking it had to do with resources or AI programming, but essentially once you saved the .biq it was affected, no matter what changes you made. I tried and tried to find it online, but after a day of research I give up. I was reluctant to even post a thread because it's such a vague question, but I had to see if this rang any bells for anyone.

I could always use another editor but for posterity I'm incredibly curious. Sorry to pose such a vague question, but it's been a few years...

The major bug in version 1.03 of the Conquest Editor is that using it disables Scientific GLs.

But (IIRC) you can reactivate the SGLs by opening the affected .biq afterwards, in version 1.00, or in @Quintillus' Editor.

The major bug in version 1.03 of the Conquest Editor is that using it disables Scientific GLs.

But (IIRC) you can reactivate the SGLs by opening the affected .biq afterwards, in version 1.00, or in @Quintillus' Editor.
Ah, that's the one! Good to know I wasn't crazy. Does this just mean that the game will only spawn Military leaders? IIRC the Scientific is bugged anyway in Conquests, so maybe that's not a massive loss.

I can get them using the 1.03 version if I specifically check the Science Age box in the Leader Unit setting and enable Science Great Leaders in the victory conditions settings.

Top Bottom