Turn 199 (?) - 830AD - Shall we land?

Ankka

Deity
Recieved this message from Poly with the save:

Here you go! Peace accepted! :D Sent you two luxuries and WM. We made a landing
up North in GCA territory and GWT killed two of our Knights, the lone one left for
us to move this turn killed an Ansar! HAHA!! Anyways, I hope you guys get your GA
started against GCA soon. Good luck. Also, can I assume that the gold payments
will resume with this turn? We will have Metallurgy this coming turn and we want to
continue the 4 turn research...it's our only hope against the other two. Military
Tradition is next.

They want more gold when they got like 3 times the amount we should have given them? I'll refuse this turn but start paying next turn again... I think. Depends on the situation.

Poly sent us Dyes + silks + WM this turn. I'll send them our WM...

We got our Forbidden Palace ready in Xin Yun Feng. Started a market there.

Chenged Cha Ching to aqueduct instead of courthouse, as it is close to the fp and corruption is minimal: 2 shields lost out of 14.

Here's the GCA area. We have a gap. Near an empty city. I think they didn't have noticed our northern ships and are aware only of the ones in the south. Shall we land here? I doubt we'll get another chance.

I couldn't choose where to send the NEernmost ship so it is where it is... I'd send it North next turn, though.

I can keep the save open for only an hour or two at max. reply fast.

Attachments

• 830ad_landing_gap.jpg
    830ad_landing_gap.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 246
Ok... as I waited for some 2 hours and noone replied, I landed.

I also set luxtax to 0 as only 2 towns, the twon on the island without a harbor until next turn, so I had to reqruit some taxmen. I hurried the harbor as it wouldn't have gotten ready. This cost us 16 gold.

And the landing.

Attachments

• 830ad_we_landed.jpg
    830ad_we_landed.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 258
3 riders. All that were in the ship.

The ship had no more moves, so they would have seen it anyway and could have blocked the area.

Blame me if this fails. :smoke:

Would someone like to tell me what is going on with this email?

Here you go! Peace accepted! :D Sent you two luxuries and WM. We made a landing up North in GCA territory and GWT killed two of our Knights, the lone one left for us to move this turn killed an Ansar! HAHA!! Anyways, I hope you guys get your GA started against GCA soon. Good luck. Also, can I assume that the gold payments will resume with this turn? We will have Metallurgy this coming turn and we want to continue the 4 turn research...it's our only hope against the other two. Military Tradition is next.

We just sent them ( I am guessing) about 1000 in gold, and they are asking us if we can resume payments this turn??!!

If this is to be the case, then perhaps we should replay the turn from before Yndy's misstep. I can't believe that the micromanagers at Poly, who can claim to estimate our research rate and other things, now cannot tell how much gold they received after the multiple trades took place. What a crock.

Are we going to ask for our money back, or what? :confused:

I'm puzzled myself of their non-responsiveness on my specific question. I think we really want to keep this alliance going but we should raise some money for ourselves. And clarification from their behalf.

Edit: Anyway good job with the landing, hope we'll get our GA but also that we can do some damage.

Don't send them any gold for a few turns, until we have at least the amount of gold we had before this... accident.

BTW, we are making some 140+gpt with lux at 0%. And only 2 cities starving, and those will be harbor-connected next turn. :D

Nope... Poly has the save currently. They haven't answered on our question...

Ask GWT. They haven't contacted us in any way.. after our little landing party.

Top Bottom