Tutorial: Changing Colors in Existing Units

So, in the first 2 rows (after the magnenta, green) you will have the shadow colors, usually in shades of magnenta, and sometimes other green boxes are their also. Make sure if using the above tuturial, to take all these, as well as the 4 civ color rows together, so you can copy-paste it back into the unit after it is recoloured.

Let us know how Omega Zombie goes... if it's tough, it sounds like fun :)

Tom

Sorry for digging up this thread from... yikes, 2007. I've been trying to recolor some elf units into drow, the dark elves from Dungeons & Dragons. I followed this tutorial, but it only seems to go over turning the entire unit one color, rather than changing the colors of parts of it. I'm trying to take some of aaglo's Warhammer dark elf units and just change their skin to coal black so that they look like D&D dark elves. I've been making myself a little crazy trying to figure this out. Can someone give me a quick tutorial for it?

Edit: I am using GIMP and flicster.

Aetheland... You can select colors to change one at a time on the Unit Palette. It is easier to adjust/change all colors to first get the Skin Color wanted then copy Only the Skin Colors to the Original Unit Palette.
The thing to keep in mind is generally, colors for specific areas can also be in many other areas for the Unit. IF the Skin Colors are Only on the Skin, it is far easier to accomplish.

Top Bottom