Two funny things just happened...

Skybuck

Prince
I was just playing earth map with rome... I kinda wanted to do a custom map... but I picked earth by mistake, but I got two settlers with rome so I decided to play it.

I tried my new simplified tech v3 and it worked pretty well, though I would advise to get masonry and construction quicker.

Anyway in the end the zulu got over powerfull as usual... and then the following happened:

There was this city of 1 size and I incited/revolted it a couple of times which was funny, I got a huge/loads of units from zulus, first city was 6 then 3 then 1 etc, some units had to be disbanded.

To get maximum shields I apperently set the city to forest or something, so new the zulus have a tank in this city, I incite/revolt it at city size 1, I got 4 nice units from it...

And then the amazing/funny thing happened:

1. THE CITY COMPLETELY VANISHED LOL.

I was like WTF ?!

I have never seen a city vanish before in modern times lol. I totally forgot about the food requirement and such, it probably had so much hunger it was beyond saving... if the city has 0 food, but workers are producing enough food, it will still die... maybe it takes 1 turn to long to feed everybody cause workers still working in fields or something hehe.

So that is the first funny thing that happened.

Second funny thing after this cause now I could not defend myself anymore that well:

2. Rome was taking by zulu tanks, but below rome was my settler which owner: NONE.

So I think I could have survived a bit longer/more... then again maybe not... a tireme/ship does require a city to be available for shields, so one can't flee like in civilization 3.

But maybe there is a way to do it in civilization 1... I wonder... so the NONE settler survived a little bit, but still died in same turn, but I could have maybe moved it to an island and survive, though then it would probably be killed by barbs...

Anyway I learned something from this game:

Getting huge ammounts of gold is really good for bribing cities... this could be a counter to zulu city spam and unit spam... if enough money can be acquired early on... which is somewhat difficult to do... but this puts a new perspective on banking... and especially also religion... perhaps get it after wards to be able to buy faster/get more.

I also minimized my units this time to build even faster under republic... cool stuff... evolution of empire/cities was fast... though pushed in corner.

Later...

Top Bottom