Undead warrior

CrazyAce

Prince
This is my first and failed attempt to re-skin a warrior unit.

Attachments

• failed.jpg
    failed.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 3,961
  • warrior_128.zip
    9.6 KB · Views: 185
great. glad i could help. you might wanna edit the first post so it doesnt say that this is a failed attempt :)

Na; it was a failed attempt to make a skeleton warrior, so I’ll leave it as is. This re-skin only took about 5 minuets to make, but because of the mistakes learned from this, I now know what to do for others.

is it possible to make this a unique unit? i ask because im a noob, but want a zombie invasion scenario for myself, and all i need is the proper unit ;)

Transparent skins don't work to well in 3D. You cannot put depth into skins and so everything must be on the surface. If (for example) you had a transparent hat, looking down on it vertically would allow you to see the ground through the person, but looking at it horizontally it could just look like a guy without a hat.

i hope someone finds an easy way to add your own models soon, my milkshape is just rumbling with anticipation to mod civ 4...

i hope someone finds an easy way to add your own models soon, my milkshape is just rumbling with anticipation to mod civ 4...

Vadus said:
is it possible to add a transparent skin, so that you can see only a skeleton ?

I have a semi-transparent unit in my mod (the Shadow). I could make parts of him transparent and parts solid, but I wouldn't be able to new elements (like bones) inside of him. At that point it would be easier just to make a new model.

Top Bottom