Unhappy Citizens

badger1234

Chieftain
Latest Patch from Steam, NO MODS installed

I seem to make more gold when Citizens are unhappy:confused:

at -6 I was making 30 gold per turn

after building some improvements and getting plus 4 happiness my gold went to -8 per turn! (A colosium and luxury resource deals)

Whats more is when I clicked on the city screen to change citizens on a bank building it gets worse!

First I clicked the right citizen and gold went up +6, I clicked the left and it went to -3. I clicked off the left icon and it went to +3. Clicking the icons changes the gold effects wildly depending on the combinations you choose.

Something is very wrong with all the calculations in civ 5, from finance to AI - I am so dissapointed with the release:sad:

Latest Patch from Steam, NO MODS installed

I seem to make more gold when Citizens are unhappy:confused:

at -6 I was making 30 gold per turn

after building some improvements and getting plus 4 happiness my gold went to -8 per turn! (A colosium and luxury resource deals)

Whats more is when I clicked on the city screen to change citizens on a bank building it gets worse!

First I clicked the right citizen and gold went up +6, I clicked the left and it went to -3. I clicked off the left icon and it went to +3. Clicking the icons changes the gold effects wildly depending on the combinations you choose.

Something is very wrong with all the calculations in civ 5, from finance to AI - I am so dissapointed with the release:sad:

That's because you're paying the coliseum upkeep + (eventually) GPT from the trade deal?... :mischief:

No gold with the trade deal and do colosiums cost 38 gold per turn?

as soon as citizens become unhappy again my gold shoots right up.

its made the game pretty much unplayable for me to know such miscalculations exist in the game.

Also that doesnt explain the citizen and bank problem?

Welcome to the forums, badger1234. :wavey:

Hover your mouse over the gold icon and it will give a breakdown of costs. What are they when happy compared to unhappy?

A slight possibility: City governors choosing to emphasise gold when unhappy (because of 75% growth penalty). Gold income goes up. Then when happy again and growth penalty removed, city governors emphasise food more. Gold income goes down.

Ok, I will look at that too, It would make my day to find out there is a logical reason behind all this. I really want CIV V to work :)

Checked it out again and seems its not a bug after all. By opting to manually change the citizens it clears all the others making it look like a bug (to me anyway :crazyeye:)

Feeling a bit better about the game now :)

now, what to do about the AI...........

Top Bottom