Uniqe Buildings

Sifaus

Adramelech
Here my ideas =)

VANYAR: Elven Theatre (replaces Theatre)

NOLDOR: Jewel Workshop (replaces Workshop)

TELERI: Telerin Habor (replaces Harbor)

SINDAR: Elven Traning Yard (replaces Archery Range)

FALATHRIM: Shipyard (replaces Harbor)

NANDOR: Elven Archey Range (replaces Archery Range)

NUMENOREAN: Numenorean Harbor (replaces Harbor)

ARNOR: ?? (replaces ??).

GONDOR: White Library (replaces Library)

NORTHMAN: Sharpshoting Range (replaces Archery Range)

ROHIRRIM: Rohirric Stable (replaces Stable)

DUNLAND: Dunland Barracks (replaces Barracks)

HARADRIM: Mukamil Pen (replaces Stable)

EASTERLING: Riders House (replaces Chariot)

LONGBEARD DWARF: ?? (replaces ??)

FIREBEARD DWARF: Axeman Range (replaces Archery Range)

THE SHADOW: Pits (replaces Barracks)

ANGMAR: Cave (replaces Siege Workshop)

For Arnor, go with an upgraded market, Arnor was a very wealthy kingdom before its fall, at least, such is my understanding.

I'd suggest against Jeweler for the Noldor, and perhaps pickup a military related UB... Feanor was just like one guy, after all.

I'd argue that we should have more than one UB. I think that we should try to develop the right amount of UB for the civ we're lookin at. For example, in FfH (especially in some of modmod civs), there are certain civs that are very specific in their flavour. This is mostly reflected thru the fact that they have like 7 UBs. So, maybe one civ in this mod would have 2 UBs, nother 5, and so on. I think we should do it to the point that's it's not clutter but still adds the right flavour for the particular civ.

For Arnor, go with an upgraded market, Arnor was a very wealthy kingdom before its fall, at least, such is my understanding.

I'd suggest against Jeweler for the Noldor, and perhaps pickup a military related UB... Feanor was just like one guy, after all.

And yeah, those both sound right, goin off the books of course. Tho, maybe a buildin for recon for the Arnor would be fittin too. Cuz even before Arnor fell (and sorta dissolved into the Dunedain takin refuge were they could), its rangers were very well trained.

Edit:
@ Sifaus
And a grammar note, the plural and the adjective for Rohan is Rohirrim. So, the 'Rohirric Stable' should be 'Rohirrim Stable'. Jus somethin someone might get annoyed at us for later.

I'd argue that we should have more than one UB. I think that we should try to develop the right amount of UB for the civ we're lookin at. For example, in FfH (especially in some of modmod civs), there are certain civs that are very specific in their flavour. This is mostly reflected thru the fact that they have like 7 UBs. So, maybe one civ in this mod would have 2 UBs, nother 5, and so on. I think we should do it to the point that's it's not clutter but still adds the right flavour for the particular civ.

exactly... and anything we do put in can be subgect to change, should we deem it necessary, or find a better way to express the flavour of the mod.

Good. I'm glad you feel that way. I'm not a huge fan of mod groups where one person has to have it this way or no way. So, it's good you are willin to change it as makes sense to reflect the flavour of the mod. I like that.

Since this thread is a good start we'll keep it up and running.

Sifaus' List Updated to reflect current Civ List:

Spoiler :
VANYAR: Elven Theatre (replaces Theatre)

NOLDOR: HOUSE OF FEANOR: Jewel Workshop (replaces Workshop)

NOLDOR: HOUSE OF FINWE: ?? (replaces ??)

TELERI: Telerin Habor (replaces Harbor)

SINDAR: Elven Traning Yard (replaces Archery Range)

NUMENOREAN: Numenorean Harbor (replaces Harbor)

ARNOR: ?? (replaces ??)

GONDOR: White Library (replaces Library)

EDAIN: ?? (replaces ??)

NORTHMAN: Sharpshoting Range (replaces Archery Range)

ROHIRRIM: Rohirric Stable (replaces Stable)

DUNLAND: Dunland Barracks (replaces Barracks)

ISENGARD: Orc Pits (replaces Barracks) or Forge of Isengard (replaces Forge)

HARADRIM: Mukamil Pen (replaces Stable)

EASTERLING: Riders House (replaces Chariot)

LONGBEARD DWARF: Dwarven Forge (replaces Forge)

FIREBEARD & IRONFISTS DWARF: Axeman Range (replaces Archery Range)

MORDOR: Pits (replaces Barracks)

ANGBAND: ?? (replaces ??)

ANGMAR: Cave (replaces Siege Workshop)

* added in my idea for Longbeard Dwarf & Isengard. Not a complete list as of yet.

We should probably decide on the regular buildings first though.

Some comments allready: If we are going to put in elven training yards, all elves should have access to these not just one civ. Multiple UBs is possible, sharing UBs as well, and I think it's weird to have some elves having regular archery ranges and some having elven archery ranges.

Just my 2 cents

Agreed with the above.

And I hope we can come up with some slightly more creative names for those, half of them are just RACE BUILDING. I'll have to think about them for a while though.

Haven't thought about it since I last posted that, sadly. I need to read up some more, I honestly have no ideas.

Maybe we should make a completely new list with all the previously mentioned suggestions in the civs thread and also see if we want replacement buildings or just buildings that only certain civs can build and are attached to a civ tech (like maybe and advanced stable in the horse mastery tech for the three civs that have it).

Top Bottom