Unit Damage Calculation

Poophat

Chieftain
Hey, sorry if I'm in the wrong spot. Might be a newb question, but I've been searching online for awhile for something about this topic and haven't had any luck.

I've tried getting an army into constant battles to level up quickly, but I'll eventually end up meeting a unit that does 2, or 3 times as much damage as me, even if it's the same unit I'm going against. This seems to happen in a short amount of time too, I doubt the computer is battling that much amongst themselves.

Is there any way to increase the damage output of a unit besides making an army, battling, leveling, and making the samurai wonder? Is there a cap on how much damage or levels a players and non-computer player can gain?

What is the most effective race/unit for stacking damage?

Last but not least, has anybody made a chart/table for damage and units?

Thanks alot! =p

dont really know of any tables listing each units battle damage but all data concerning the units is in the civlopedia.

as for units, there are few actual things you can add to increase damage that units can do other than to keep track of the terrain types.

Make sure that at least one of the units you want to combine has veteran, then the army as a whole has it. when attacking with a unit try to attack from a hill, make sure not to attack crossing rivers. remember to use naval support whenever possible later on in the game.

as for civs to use, germans elite(ie one of the bonuses for winning 3,6 or 9 battles) units are auto upgraded to the next type(ie warrior to legion, horsemen to knights, catapults to cannon). this can be work really well. or the aztecs have units that heal after every victory so you can defend a city or attack with few units as the retain health and you dont waste turns healing them.

so things that add to attack or defence of a unit. samauri wonder +1 att, fundamentalism +1 att, great general +50% att and naval support can add upto +50 to att or def with a battleship fleet!!!!

So are computer players generally stronger over time? I've done all of that besides the naval support, which is good to know.

It just seems like the longer I play the more chances I have of running into some unstoppable super-army. Lol. This doesn't prevent me from winning overall, but it just seems sort of insane to find armies much stronger than mine.

Do other people run into CPU armies much stronger than theirs? Or am I just playing too slow?

Thanks for the newb assistance.

Make sure that your unit is at full health before your attack. You can use spies to remove part of a fortification bonus. The defender does naturally have the advantage though. It just means that you need to bring a few more units or a next level unit.

Top Bottom