Unit Movement Changes - is it possible?

abqaiq93

Chieftain
I just want to get an idea if these are possible to do and if so, what files should I start to change?

CIV 4 BTS

• Inside cultural border the unit keeps their normal movement rate.
  • Outside cultural border everyone has a movement of one square per turn.
  • The line of sight is reduced to one square ahead of you. In other words you explore tile at a time. (Yes, I know very tedious)
  • When standing on a hill you see one tile further in the direction you are traveling. No more revealing the whole surrounding area.
Thanks for any help.

1+2 needs SDK changes.

3) Assets\XML\GlobalDefines.xml, these values:
PHP:
<Define>
		<DefineName>PLOT_VISIBILITY_RANGE</DefineName>
		<iDefineIntVal>1</iDefineIntVal>
	</Define>
	<Define>
		<DefineName>UNIT_VISIBILITY_RANGE</DefineName>
	</Define>
	<Define>
		<DefineName>PEAK_SEE_FROM_CHANGE</DefineName>
		<iDefineIntVal>2</iDefineIntVal>
	</Define>
	<Define>
		<DefineName>PEAK_SEE_THROUGH_CHANGE</DefineName>
		<iDefineIntVal>2</iDefineIntVal>
	</Define>
	<Define>
		<DefineName>HILLS_SEE_FROM_CHANGE</DefineName>
	</Define>
	<Define>
		<DefineName>HILLS_SEE_THROUGH_CHANGE</DefineName>
	</Define>

4) How do you determine, in which direction you are traveling?

Thank you very much. I have no idea how to determine which direction the unit would be moving. But with your answer to #3 maybe that will be good enough. I will start looking into the tutorials to make changes to the SDK for #1 and #2.

Thank you for giving me a starting point.

As far as #4 is concerned, there is a tag in the XML <bLineOfSight> (it is for UnitInfos), I think that might solve your problem.

Are you asking that one single tile be revealed when moving through unrevealed territory--not the eight tiles surrounding the unit? If so, this is a much more restrictive form of line of sight than just changing the XML values.

CvUnit in the SDK does have a facing direction, but AFAIK there is no provision for rotating a unit in-place because facing direction is strictly a graphical issue used when drawing a unit on the map. You could add this behavior, of course, but a lot of code is based on a visibility range.

Top Bottom