Up the Ranks

Issus

Chieftain
Hi! Recently Civ5 was announced to be released in 7-8 months from now and I figured that gave me a deadline to get to at least Monarch level. As a long time lurker, new member, and Warlord level player I decided to share my adventure through the levels with the large community at CivFanatics. I originally started reading Sisiutils ALC Games but they start at prince and climb higher from there, not doing me much good. I am using BTS 3.19 and the BUG and BAT mod.

Here is the start on our randomly drawn continents map:

Well, thers no reason not to so I settle in place (maybe I dont see a reason because I'm a Warlord player).

As you can see I moved the warrior and the scout. Yep, I did say scout. The hut right next to Istanbul was popped when I founded the city and I got some great luck and popped a scout. Also, right next to the gems source is another gems which will really help out with commerce. I decided to build a worker to hook up some of my resources while researching mining.

Nothing of interst happened until this:

Great... Darius, Financial AND Organized... Perfect. What really stinks is that I saw a city spot with THREE gold tiles. Unfortunately the next turn Darius's borders popped and went onto two of the gold tiles. This is BAD, I write bad with all caps because a financial civ with 2 gold tiles (and I'm guessing a river that is running through his capital) is BAD.

This is BAD, I write bad with all caps because a financial civ with 2 gold tiles (and I'm guessing a river that is running through his capital) is BAD.

True dat. But don't show us the diplo screen! Show a cap of what you can see of Persia so far. This really isn't a terrible start, given all the forest you have. You should find quite a few luxes in the area. Just keep Darius happy, beg & buy some techs off him to keep up, then run him over when you get the chance.

I hope you finish the story!!

Top Bottom