Venice liberty merchant rush

The puppets will work merchant slots and produce MoV's, it is not possible for the capitol to work enough science slots to prevent this.

You can slow it down though.
If you send a food route back to the puppet, the puppet will also work science slots and will produce GS's as well as MoV's.

This is all a moot argument anyway. Venice is geared to diplo victory. Diplo has the shortest tech path, you do not need a bunch of GS's for it. The extra MoV's produced by the puppets have no effect at all on turns to victory. You will always get a minimum of 4 GS's, you need a total of 6, the last 2 can be faith bought, or taken from Pisa and the PT.

As probably we all know Venice can't train settlers so their abillity to expand is limited to warfare and city state purcase with great merchants.

Actually Venice don't get great merchants instead they get a super great merchant I can't remember their name so I just call them Venice merchant.

Venice merchant differ from ordinary merchant in two ways.
Most obviously they can purcase a citystate giveing you the city as a pupet and all its units under your controll.
The second thing is that their trade mission is double as strong as ordinary merchant in both gold and influence gain.

Now to the strategy.

You can get two merchants pretty quickly as Venice, one from getting the tech optics and one from liberty policy collective rule.

We want both of these as soon as posible so I suggest a moument first start while teching maybe even beline to optics.

The point is to use both merchant on trade missions which will get us 1600 gold and 120 influence standard speed which I would put in a merchentile CS because we will need happines.

The gold should be spent on millitary to get a big army, I did a test game on king difficulty in which I had 10 units before turn 40 most of them bought with gold.

The point is that this will overcome Venice expansion problem and destroy alot of opponents allowing you for a easy victory.

However I would want help to develope this strategy and sorry for bad Spelling.

To make the strategy faster, you have to build a monument asap.

Top Bottom