Veteran Soldier Won't Attack?

bkn42

Warlord
So I took a a break from Civ IV, and tried colonization.

I'm on my 3rd game now, and quite often I can't get the Veteran Soldier to attack my former European master.

I have a hunch they won't defend either, as they tend to be left untouched on defense. (Hard to say, since I obtained so many bonuses for my normal soldiers via founding fathers that they may be jumping the order of defense.)

Help?

Thx

That would indeed explain it, I thought it automatically would give him the guns.

Thanks!

I'm guessing he came off the docks and you put him to work so he stowed away his guns.

Actually I trained them. (Since 'graduated them' sounds like the worst English sentence ever.)

Now I'm wondering if I simply ran out of guns when they graduated.

Hmm. Well my save file is long gone, oh well.

Actually I trained them. (Since 'graduated them' sounds like the worst English sentence ever.)

Now I'm wondering if I simply ran out of guns when they graduated.

Hmm. Well my save file is long gone, oh well.

When they graduate, they don't get guns - they are just Colonists or specifically a Colonist(Veteran Soldier) standing in your garrison.

You have to drag them back into your settlement screen, then change their profession to soldier / sentry (or whatever it is) and then they will exit again as an armed veteran (presuming there are enough guns available at the time to arm a soldier).

Top Bottom