Viking invasion

Kenrob

Chieftain
My first play trough on GS, huge continents map. I picked Norway, early on it was a race for religious victory with myself and unknown empires. I managed to get the second prophet, and found the religion paganism (haha) following the ways of the allfather odin. With my Viking long boats I managed to discover a lot of the world before my competitors. Discovering England, Japan, china, Persia, Aztecs, the Greek empire and Scotland. As well as a couple of city states. One in particular was Buenos Aires. Somehow this small little kingdom had a weaker but much larger navy than myself. They quickly scoured the entire planet for me in the name of paganism.

With my religion covering all of Greece, Persia, Norway, I now set my site on protestant England. With a fleet of longboats across a good sized ocean clearing the way of pirates for our mercenary army from preslav. With a barbarian army attacking to the north and our mercenary army flooding the beaches of London, England was quickly pillaged and raided and even the founding site of protestantism was burned.

Taking the English capital of London as a fitting prize we quickly began the process of weeding out the protestants and spreading the teaching of Odin to the continent.

As the largest religion in the world with over half the cities following it. Things have been calm since the medieval era but new religious tensions are arriving with the new offensive of Eastern Orthodox from Georgia.

Update: a few centuries later, as England had fallen far behind as a society they acted aggressive towards other nations and empires them to have war declared on them by just about everyone. It wasn’t long after Norway declared war on England again and sent its to own army to invade. Which country side pillaged by barbarians in for an army Norway made quick work of the remaining English cities, they soon fell one by one to the control of Norway. After the last English city falls, the empire of England is no more.

Peace flows over Norway for a time, while china and Japan fight over land and religion, the Aztecs were whipped out, the Persians and the Greeks were fighting. Eventually modern times come, and a more sought after goal arises. Space. Long story short Norway edges out a scientific victory with Persia only 2 turns behind me thanks in large by my heavy use of fossil fuels. World leader of co2 emmissions haha.

In conclusion we have Vikings on mars, have the world is having a crusade episode, we are are getting drilled by space rocks, and no one else can seem to squeeze out a victory.

Thanks for reading. I hope y’all enjoy. :)

Top Bottom