Villagers

clanky4

Emperor
Hrrrrmmm...hmmmm...huuuu Huh... Hurgh... Heurgh Hmm, Huh. HUNNGH

So I got kind of bored while I was playing minecraft. And I thought to myself: "Why are these villagers so awesome and not in civilization?" So I set out to find some minecraft meshes to convert to nif format, and this happened. This small mod adds the Villagers from Mojang's minecraft as a playable civilization to civ 4. Complete with an "animated" leaderhead "full" artstyle worth of units and a unique unit and building.

The villagers do not have any mounted, scout, or middle age units. That is more than made up for with their unique unit the Iron Golem.

I have also included sound for all of the new units.

Spoiler :

In addition this mod adds a couple of mobs, currently just the zombie, skeleton, creeper, and enderman, as unique units for the barbarians.

Spoiler :

The DLL has also been edited to make all the other civs realize that the villager's wheat and other resources are obviously worth double everyone else's.

Any suggestions, comments, or if you just want to say HUNNGH would be appreciated.

Excellent, oh wrong paradigm, sorry I meant, Heurgh Humm :goodjob:.

Pity it took a dll change to make the other nations value the villager resources at double the value.

It only required adding 3 lines to one file but still. DLL just clutters things so much.

It would require a lot of XML but to would be possible to have a Villager unique building that produced a unique resource based on the resources available.

Probably a bit overpowered if there is not some sort of vicinity requirement.

You mean like having a building which requires BONUS_GEMS that gives like BONUS_WHEAT or something like that?

I was thinking of a new bonus eg BONUS_GREAT_WHEAT. Two of these are produced by the villager only building "Wheat Store" which requires a worked plot with Wheat on it and the improvement farm on it.

The bonus Great Wheat would be more healthy and be used by the corporations.

That sounds a lot like what the petrol corporation does. Converting sugar to oil that is. Maybe have a specific corporation that only be founded by a Unique Great Merchant or something which produces the villager wheat in exchange for regular wheat.

The iron golems are OP if you spam 5-8 of them right when you get them; I steamrolled a couple civilizations early on and by then the game was practically won.

Yeah, 10 base strength is kinda high for a swordsman replacement.

Do you think base strength 8 would do it? He'd still get a buff to city defense obviously.

Top Bottom