Vote for Sid Meier's Civilization I and II (MGE & Test of Time) to be added to GoG

Well it's been another year and sadly there's still no Civ1/Civ2/ToT in digital stores. I can't go into more detail but last anniversary a little bird told me that some progress had been made with the licence holder 2K but that these things take time and nothing was certain. Well considering another year has gone by it looks like more work is needed to get the message through to 2K that they can still make money off Civ1&2, it would be a nice addition to their upcoming Civ7 marketing, and that the classic Civ fans want this fixed! So the work to raise awareness continues and I'm pleased to say over the last 2 years we've accumulated roughly 6,650 more votes than when we started this so thank you to everyone who's voted! :) I should also mention that GoG did some spring cleaning and merged a couple of the vote threads together so I've crossed them out in the link list at the start of this thread.

Last edited:
Digitalisation selling would bring the benefit of new players indeed.

On the other side, the compatibility work coming with gog makes me wonders : what compatibility with the wonderfull Totpp TheNamelessOne gifted the community ?

Digitalisation selling would bring the benefit of new players indeed.
That's the biggest thing. The injection of new and returning players pouring in here looking for mods and tips would be awesome. No doubt a % would want to get into modding themselves too. Could trigger a last Civ2 renaissance of sorts. That's my dream anyway.
On the other side, the compatibility work coming with gog makes me wonders : what compatibility with the wonderfull Totpp TheNamelessOne gifted the community ?
If a deal gets done that would indeed be the big question. Will they do a deal with FoxAhead for MGE and TheNamelessOne for ToT.. or would they simply do their own work which could potentially result in exe files being not compatible with the patch tools. FoxAhead is still around would probably be on top of it quickly but TNO has been gone for a while now. Obviously we'd be fine as we use original Civ2 copies.. but all the new players would be in some trouble. But hey.. us getting constantly pestered by an influx of new people coming in here trying to get their GoG copies working with our stuff is a very good problem to have haha!

Thanks for the recent update Blake00. I'm wondering, would both a petition and a letter writing campaign from Civ fans help in putting some pressure on 2K to get them to change their minds about rereleasing both Civs1 & 2 on GoG and Steam? Appeal to their greed by telling them that it would be in their best interest to both cater to us Civ fans and introduce these games to new players.

Thanks for the recent update Blake00. I'm wondering, would both a petition and a letter writing campaign from Civ fans help in putting some pressure on 2K to get them to change their minds about rereleasing both Civs1 & 2 on GoG and Steam? Appeal to their greed by telling them that it would be in their best interest to both cater to us Civ fans and introduce these games to new players.
Letter writing is an interesting idea that may still work even in this day and age. I've emailed a bunch of 2K business emails a few times over the years and got nothing, posted on the 2K FB/Twitter/Instagrams/forums but get ignored, and have contacted their help desk and got the expected "sorry we can't help you with that enquiry and no we can't pass it on to anyone in management sorry" rubbish too. The wall around around them is pretty epic so alternative methods of bothering them are welcome lol! And yes as far as I know it's just been me pestering them so far, so the more of us trying the better!

Top Bottom