Wages Continue to Fall

When I look at that PayScale Index, the data doesn't really support "continuing to fall". It looks like wages in the US were more or less stagnant since 2013 and maybe even slightly rising in the last years, before they took a downturn last quarter. The development is bad, alright, but "continuing to fall" is an exaggeration. At least for now, since Trump's current economic policies are likely to result in further decline wages.

This isn't anything new, though. Wages in the US have more or less stagnated for almost 50 years now.

It's back to back quarterly declines and a year long decline, and this isn't "supposed" to happen with unemployment so low.

@Civver I do administrative work and bookeeping-ish? stuff? Like quickbooks and excel and data entry for a real estate company. I've had people float the idea of me becoming a Realtor but it's not my strength at alllllllll, and most realtors don't make much really (I get to see all the income/commission numbers!). Not to mention, the first year you're not expected to make anything, and the license and education and board fees are expensive.

r/thathappened
Don't you have a bunker to finish?
It's back to back quarterly declines and a year long decline, and this isn't "supposed" to happen with unemployment so low.
And at best wages have only barely kept up with inflation. As a whole, most families and individuals stopped increasing in net wealth decades ago even as the country as a whole grew fantastically richer. This is not the outcome a society should aim for and requires correction.

I got pulled over in Nebraska for Cali plates back in 2011 or so. They said we were speeding, we were not. They split us up and were trying to figure out things like if we had large amounts of cash. Texas during that era of civil asset forfeiture was notorious for this.

I got pulled over in Nebraska for Cali plates back in 2011 or so. They said we were speeding, we were not. They split us up and were trying to figure out things like if we had large amounts of cash. Texas during that era of civil asset forfeiture was notorious for this.
High beams were their reason for pulling me over. The cop apologized after interrogating me for half an hour and confessed (in so many words) that my Cali plates were the real reason. He said there is a lot of drugs smuggled on that highway and blah blah blah they just had to pull me over and check.

My pay has been stuck at $12 an hour for several years now and I am told no raise is coming. One of my roommates, who is also degree-less like me, spent almost a year job hunting until he found... $12 an hour.

My company is small too so no health insurance, 2 days paid sick, 5 days paid vacation, no overtime, no holiday bonuses, etc., etc. I wasn't super aggro but I went job hunting earlier this year and a few places interviewed me for a similar job only to ask me at the end if I'd be willing to do a different, part time, lower paying job. lol.

Get a nuclear density gauge license and find out which companies in your area have government funded construction contracts. Around here prevailing wage for a soil tech/inspector is about $65 per hour.

Top Bottom