War for pure war!

Krajzen

Deity
I noticed that especially about Shaka.

In my current game as Netherlands, this crazy bastard has managed to capture few cities before Renaissance, and... Burned them all. Yeah, that's pure evil :p Firstly he was allied with me against Shoshone, he exterminated two cities while I have taken capital, then he betrayed me :p but I kicked his butt so much that now he is friendly towards me :p and instead decided to attack Mayan big, beautiful capital. And I play with "Enable razing capitals". This monster attacked peaceful Palanque, big city in cool location, and razed it -because it was the only Mayan city, this monster killed 100% of that nation.

What is the purpose of attacking civs, if captured cities are immediately burned? :p I think this is because of Zulu unhappiness... Still, I love those pathological Aztec/Zulu empires which have gpt below zero, unhappy citizens and giant army, they make games so interesting :p

Yeah, I think the AI razes the cities if it is unhappy, so I just turn off city razing so in the year 2000 half of the globe isn't vacant. I'm pretty sure warmongering AIs have a higher chance to choose raze city than the more peaceful AIs, but I don't know.

Well the Zulus are just uncivilized brutes, that's what they are!

I got an awesome city in a peace deal once - high :c5citizen:, good terrain, lots of buildings and housed great works. Sadly I couldn't keep it because of all the :c5unhappy: it was causing me so I decided to sell it to my "friend" Shaka with intention of getting it back from him sometime later. He paid me 2750:c5gold:... and razed it to the ground xD

Well the Zulus are just uncivilized brutes, that's what they are!

I got an awesome city in a peace deal once - high :c5citizen:, good terrain, lots of buildings and housed great works. Sadly I couldn't keep it because of all the :c5unhappy: it was causing me so I decided to sell it to my "friend" Shaka with intention of getting it back from him sometime later. He paid me 2750:c5gold:... and razed it to the ground xD

I've noticed that the AI seems to be willing to pay out the nose when you put a city on the table, but half the time they raze it immediately after you close the diplomacy window :crazyeye:

Well, it is a big setback for the competition when you burn a couple of their cities.

Unless you're "helping" Hiawatha trim the fat off his empire.

I sold a city to the Aztecs, and they burned it down too. But yeah, I won't turn the "stop raising cites" option, for quite a lot of the time, the AI cities are in locations that ruin actual good spots for new cities.

Well, it is a big setback for the competition when you burn a couple of their cities.

Unless you're "helping" Hiawatha trim the fat off his empire.

Yep, you're weakening the competition and opening up room for your own expansion. IMO a city has to be really really good to be worth paying the 4 maintenance on courthouses. Especially since new cities can grow so fast with internal trade routes now. More often than not it's better just to raze and settle your own city.

With the whole war mongering penalty does it have a cool down timer?

It's a point system kind of like the CS system. You get points for DoWs and taking cities. You get half the penalty with civs on your side in a war so it's a good idea to take allies. The points degrade but it's really slow. Like Sturm said it can take a couple eras for even a small penalty to go away.

What is the purpose of attacking civs, if captured cities are immediately burned? :p I think this is because of Zulu unhappiness... Still, I love those pathological Aztec/Zulu empires which have gpt below zero, unhappy citizens and giant army, they make games so interesting :p

My last 4 or 5 games I have seen Shaka in he has had mad :c5gold:Yes he is always at war and doing a pretty good job of it.

Top Bottom