War - Getting In and Out

vorlon_mi

Emperor
It seems really easy to start wars (like other games in the franchise) and really hard to end them (unlike all the other games in the franchise). Is this an artifact of the changed diplomacy options in Rising Tide?

Anyone who played BE before Rising Tide comment on this? Does this seem to be the intent of the developers?

Even Civ 5 -- close cousin to BERT -- made it easier to have wars that only lasted 10 turns or so. I haven't played enough Civ 6 to have an opinion, but it is much easier to negotiate peace in Civ's 3, 4, and 5.

On a related note, it seems that the only way to bribe one of your friends (Cooperating) to join you in a war is to make them your Ally. Once they declared on your foe, is it recommended to ratchet back down to Cooperating? Just in case they decide to declare on someone else, and drag you into it.
How long do AI remember if I broke an agreement? Is there a "forgetting" factor like in Civ 4,or are some of the penalties permanent, as in Civ 5?

Are the only parameters that influence an AI's opinion of you their 3 chosen personality traits? What contributes to the "Fear" metric? Is that solely calculated by my total unit strength vs. theirs? Is there a Civ V style "warmongering" penalty?

Top Bottom