War Objectives Poll 1750-1800

War objectives 1735

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Provolution

Sage of Quatronia
War Objectives Poll 1750-1800

This is a 2 day poll, and will handle war objectives for the upcoming Roman War.
This is a multiple option poll, so please click the cities you want to have conquered. If you want to raze a particular city, please write that in the poll.

Options are:

No conquest
Arpinium
Dortmund
Hamburg
Antium
Ravenna
Rome (Desperate gamble before war weariness strikes

Sorry, but I didn't understand the poll:
Is it like a political cabinet,i.e.,the Romans cities to be conquered or razed?
Or to choose, city by city, which to stay with us and which to be razed?
Or, like a war council,i.e., the timing and axes of our campaign?
Best regards,

These are the cities to be taken next TC. Write raze if you want to.

Asking for the cities to be taken in a given play session isn't really a good question. If this is generally, what cities to take in the next war, then OK.

A better way to handle war in a demogame is to ask 2 questions to start a war (do we want war, when do we want to start in terms of conditions -- not dates) and a separate question to end it (what conditions for peace). The peace question can be asked after the first session's results are known. If we're cleaning up we might want to take them in one go, if the resistance is strong or WW is high, then maybe not.

We need to take a 10 turn break to reorganize, and put units up for promotions to reap the last drops of XP we will ever get on this continent, this is why.
War weariness is another aspect.

No cities - bad poll.

See DS's post for reasons.

-- Ravensfire

Well, fire judicial parting shots all you want Ravensfire, I would also like you to participate in strategy and game discussions more, not just popping up to complain from time to time.

Well, fire judicial parting shots all you want Ravensfire, I would also like you to participate in strategy and game discussions more, not just popping up to complain from time to time.
I'm just taking my lead from you, Provo!

And note that it's not a judicial shot - it's a fairness shot. You posted a bad poll. You certainly aren't ignorant of what is and isn't a good poll, you just don't care when it's a poll that you post. When it someone else's, you complain verbosely.

Deal with it.

-- Ravensfire

I know this is not the best poll, but it does the job. All conceivable cities we can take next turnchat are listed, and people can select and deselect all they want.

Unlike the engineering poll I contested, where 70 % voted for engineering in the new one, this poll does not seek to impose a specific set of cities (ok, I did not add Rome here, but that city is simply not reachable next TC), and people are free to choose.

As long as that freedom to choose is there, that is what matters.

You want to do it right? See the process DS outlined. It provides clear decisions points for citizens without excessive restrictions.

-- Ravensfire

You want to do it right? See the process DS outlined. It provides clear decisions points for citizens without excessive restrictions.

-- Ravensfire

This is the kind of stuff I cannot take. The only possible solution to the Roman problem is total annihilation. We need to secure this continent as quickly as possible and Prov is the man to do it. I like that he is thinking about colonization.

This is the kind of stuff I cannot take. The only possible solution to the Roman problem is total annihilation. We need to secure this continent as quickly as possible and Prov is the man to do it. I like that he is thinking about colonization.

I think you misunderstand the point of the discussion on the technique used to poll. The point is not to argue against wiping out the Romans -- it's pretty clear we're going to do that. We're trying to improve the quality of future polls.

Moderator, please close this poll, it has served its initial purpose.

Provolution isn't reasonable for declarations of war. Polls such as "when should we declare war, when should we declare peace" belong to a foreign affairs minister and since we don't have one they are the chieftains. Provolution's job is to work out how we fight the war when the decision to fight is made. This poll is just asking What city's we we want to take if we go to war.

Provolution could just post orders for what city's to attack, instead he made a poll asking what the people think, thanks provolution.

Polls like the ones old ds described in this post are the Chieftain to post. Polls such as the one we are in now, there the military dudes.

Man, what an insane polling thread. This one should be placed in the Hall of Fame. :lol:

It covers so many useless arguements and errors over the DG centuries, it's actually funny. I would have to side with Nobody here. Hehehe. It's just too funny.

Not that I disagree with Provo, I'm glad to see he's working to get things done, as usual. Good for you, Provolution. It's the replies, they're so typical, so .... I'm sorry. Didn't mean to interupt.

Heheheh, yeah, I am used to this crazyness, the oh so typical comments.

Top Bottom