Warhammer Conversion Beta - Download/Debug Thread

The blue recourse Brightstone is behaving strange. When it is in nomans land it is blue and bright. But when someone build a city nearby, it turns to green Warpstone? Is this just my game, or can someone confirm this?

The blue recourse Brightstone is behaving strange. When it is in nomans land it is blue and bright. But when someone build a city nearby, it turns to green Warpstone? Is this just my game, or can someone confirm this?

yeh, i have the same issue. its extremely strange and is not meant to happen. i have looked but cant find out what is causing it :confused:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "CvScreensInterface", Line709, in ForceScreenRedraw
File "CvMainInterface", Line 715, in Redraw
File "CvMainInterface", Line 1060, in UpdatePlotListButtons
RuntimeError: unindentifiable C++ exception

Just activated scout found in goodyhut.

When testing out skaven units. (the initial units worked fine.)
In : Warhammer latest rev, magicminimod, single patch.

No visible bug effect though.

------------------
EDIT:
Looking through the unitInfos, I notice the brettOnian grail knights have prereq religion and prereq state religion set to salvation, but the prereqReligion-boolean is set to 0. I'm wondering if this means the prereq-religions are disfunctional. I'll check this later, got a brettonian savegame.
Probably is just supreceded by the more elaborate prereq defines, it is the same for the prereqBonusses-bool.
--
UNITCLAS_PIKEMEN PREREQ BUILDING TRAINING YARD, FOR MILITIA_SPEARMEN BARRACKS.
INTENTIONALLY A LESSER BUILDING PREREQ FOR THE LATER UNIT?
--

Python error from the quest to build lots of castles. And i HAVE "The Great Bastion."

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0031.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0031.JPG
    190.9 KB · Views: 142
I checked all the XMLs in the MOD folder, and all of them doesn't have any BUILDING_GREAT_WALL tag. It's in python then so I checked it.

Isn't it "THE BEST DEFENCE" event?

Spoiler :

######## THE BEST DEFENSE ###########

def canTriggerBestDefense(argsList):
kTriggeredData = argsList[0]

if gc.getGame().isOption(GameOptionTypes.GAMEOPTION_ONE_CITY_CHALLENGE) and gc.getPlayer(kTriggeredData.ePlayer).isHuman():
return false

return true

def getHelpBestDefense1(argsList):
iEvent = argsList[0]
kTriggeredData = argsList[1]
player = gc.getPlayer(kTriggeredData.ePlayer)

iRequired = gc.getWorldInfo(gc.getMap().getWorldSize()).getDefaultPlayers()

szHelp = localText.getText("TXT_KEY_EVENT_BEST_DEFENSE_HELP_1", (iRequired, ))

return szHelp

def canTriggerBestDefenseDone(argsList):
kTriggeredData = argsList[0]
trigger = gc.getEventTriggerInfo(kTriggeredData.eTrigger)

iCastle = CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getBuildingClassInfo, gc.getNumBuildingClassInfos(), 'BUILDINGCLASS_CASTLE')
iBuildingsRequired = gc.getWorldInfo(gc.getMap().getWorldSize()).getDefaultPlayers()
if iBuildingsRequired > player.getBuildingClassCount(iCastle):
return false

return true

def getHelpBestDefenseDone2(argsList):
iEvent = argsList[0]

szHelp = localText.getText("TXT_KEY_EVENT_BEST_DEFENSE_DONE_HELP_2", (3, ))

return szHelp

def applyBestDefenseDone2(argsList):
iEvent = argsList[0]

for iPlayer in range(gc.getMAX_CIV_PLAYERS()):
loopPlayer = gc.getPlayer(iPlayer)
if loopPlayer.isAlive() and iPlayer != kTriggeredData.ePlayer:
loopTeam = gc.getTeam(loopPlayer.getTeam())
if loopTeam.isHasMet(gc.getPlayer(kTriggeredData.ePlayer).getTeam()):
loopPlayer.AI_changeAttitudeExtra(kTriggeredData.ePlayer, 3)

def canApplyBestDefenseDone3(argsList):
iEvent = argsList[0]

iGreatWall = CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getBuildingInfo, gc.getNumBuildingInfos(), 'BUILDING_GREAT_WALL')

(loopCity, iter) = player.firstCity(false)
while(loopCity):
if (loopCity.isHasBuilding(iGreatWall)):
return true

(loopCity, iter) = player.nextCity(iter, false)

return false

Nice "BUILDING_GREAT_WALL"? :)

the great wall or bastion does not give free walls or castles IIRC it just closes the borders to barbarians and increases GG probablility.

event is probably broken because we removed/altered the worldwonders.

Spoiler :

<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_BEST_DEFENSE_HELP_1</Tag>
<English>[PARAGRAPH:1]To complete this quest, you must build %d1 [COLOR_BUILDING_TEXT]Castles[COLOR_REVERT] in your cities.[PARAGRAPH:1]An additional reward option will be available if your civilization controls the Great Wall.[PARAGRAPH:1]You will fail this quest if a rival civilization completes it first, or if you discover [COLOR_TECH_TEXT]Rifling[COLOR_REVERT], [COLOR_TECH_TEXT]Railroad[COLOR_REVERT], or [COLOR_TECH_TEXT]Economics[COLOR_REVERT] without having met the conditions.</English>

Looks similar

P.S. Lol it's in definitely the python, because it's the "python exception". I hadn't to search in the XMLs =).

P.P.S. Arexack, how is your comment converned to this error?

I don't know why, I don't see the texts in French language, I mean included the first screen where you select the options...
I tried to add missing French texts in the XML files, but it is still not working...

An idea ?

:)

XML is only loaded on startup, changes made with game running will only show up after reloading the mod.

Are you sure you are checking in a game installed in french?
Adding french tags won't show up in the other languages. ;)

I can't find any text-localization tags in the config files, so no reason to assume they are disabled globally. (but I'm no expert at this)

XML is only loaded on startup, changes made with game running will only show up after reloading the mod.

Are you sure you are checking in a game installed in french?
Adding french tags won't show up in the other languages. ;)

I can't find any text-localization tags in the config files, so no reason to assume they are disabled globally. (but I'm no expert at this)

:thanx: for your answer

I play always in French...:lol: except for Warhammer for which I'm obliged to turn to English language because after the loading of the game I don't see anymore the CIV IV summary...
I was thinking to these strange .svn files... This is the first time I see them... I imagine they are SDK changes... Perhaps the origin of my troubles... ?

:thanx: for your answer

I play always in French...:lol: except for Warhammer for which I'm obliged to turn to English language because after the loading of the game I don't see anymore the CIV IV summary...
I was thinking to these strange .svn files... This is the first time I see them... I imagine they are SDK changes... Perhaps the origin of my troubles... ?

The svn files are just libraries of my filehostversioningsystem. Nothing to do with the mod at all.:p

so.
-reinstall in french (in seperate dir),
-copy the WH-mod folder to the new installation location.
-retry looking for french text.
:) if you havent already. ;)

Top Bottom