What civilization you hate the most?

Bottom line of this topic everyone hates a other AI because not everyone gets the same AI in their game.

They all act like warmongers and jerks

We all get different civs, but there are names coming up multiple times, some that haven't come up at all, and some that have come up for reasons other than warmongering. There are definite differences in behaviour that make some inherently less likeable than others.

We all get different civs, but there are names coming up multiple times, some that haven't come up at all, and some that have come up for reasons other than warmongering. There are definite differences in behaviour that make some inherently less likeable than others.

True but they all act like jerks

Suicidal turn 10 war declaration anyone? :rolleyes:

man what?

Seriously what?

I've seen Turn 45 war declarations, by Incans and Songhai in this Emperor game I had as China. I've initiated war declarations on first contact with England because their scout took a ruin that I wanted my warrior to grab (Turn... 11?). I just saw AI talking about threats to world stability... on Turn 39.

But Turn 10 war dec?:eek:

man what?

Seriously what?

I've seen Turn 45 war declarations, by Incans and Songhai in this Emperor game I had as China. I've initiated war declarations on first contact with England because their scout took a ruin that I wanted my warrior to grab (Turn... 11?). I just saw AI talking about threats to world stability... on Turn 39.

But Turn 10 war dec?:eek:

I had Alexander DoW me on turn 6 the other day in an Immortal game, no lie. It was so early on that I didn't even know where Athens was yet... >.>

Recently I've discovered that Alexander is the biggest douche of them all. D:

Russia. She is the only ai "powerhouse" who will stay my friend after everyone else denounces me. I trade with her, and it helps to have one friend who wants your vast amounts of extra resources (from conquest)... But then, out of nowhere (or right after a new wave of denounciations) she hops on the band-wagon... At least in IV she only talked the talk...

Rationally, the ones I hate are the ones that are usually the runaway civs; they spam and conquer to the point of absurdity. In short: Darius, Catherine, Alexander, Oda. The poor AIs can't seem to figure out how to handle them. If only in AI to AI terms, they have serious balance issues.

Irrationally, I hate Gandhi. :vomit:I hate his face, his voice, his patronizing remarks, his hypocrisy, his nukes.

Russia. She is the only ai "powerhouse" who will stay my friend after everyone else denounces me. I trade with her, and it helps to have one friend who wants your vast amounts of extra resources (from conquest)... But then, out of nowhere (or right after a new wave of denounciations) she hops on the band-wagon... At least in IV she only talked the talk...

I've almost always found Catherine reliable. I was about to put in a word for Isabella as a Civ I like, since in one recent game she stood by me and was an occasional war ally, and she actively declared war to protect one of my cities in my most recent game. But then she decided she preferred hanging out with Korea, and attacked (not without warning - she'd taken to refusing a renewal of our DoF, and a defensive pact, but it wasn't clear why she wouldn't be appeased, other than everyone wanting to pile on me since I was the scientific leader on the continent).

I've almost always found Catherine reliable.
'Reliable' is a strange term to use for Catherine. I like her, because she's easy to make deals with. She often acts friendly, but she doesn't mean it most of the time.

I'm starting to really dislike Sejong. So often he's afraid, and does his humble act. He's strong enough to be a worthy enemy, but all he does is weep and whine. I like to play as Korea, but against Korea? Not much fun.

Wu Zetian and Sejong. OK, the latter is sorta understandable, but please for the love of Buddha or whatever, STOP spamming my continent with your underwhelming cities and throw in "R WORDS BACKED WITH NUKES". If you want to attack, JUST DO IT ALREADY. They have all the city-states except Ragusa or some cultural ally of mine on my continent, they have naval forces patrolling the north and west/east, they even have a small number of units and also the cities to base them to launch attacks, JUST START ATTACKING ALREADY.

... so I have reason to use my 22 uraniums, but digressing...

Both are so from another continent, both are some sort of runaway with Wu being the largest, AND both do not absolutely want to fight each other despite Wu maintaining the lead in everything.

This is the first game where I feel very, very, very, very, very personalized to start using nuclear missiles to delete all their cities sans the wonder-spammy ones (Seoul) from the face of the map.

'Reliable' is a strange term to use for Catherine. I like her, because she's easy to make deals with. She often acts friendly, but she doesn't mean it most of the time.

I'm starting to really dislike Sejong. So often he's afraid, and does his humble act. He's strong enough to be a worthy enemy, but all he does is weep and whine. I like to play as Korea, but against Korea? Not much fun.

He got really upset in my current game at the suspicion I was going for the same victory condition - might be the first time he declared war on me.

Hmm, I like Catherine a lot because when I had a defensive pact with her, she ended up nuking half of Babylon on my behalf and we had several joint actions against Nebuchadnezzar's cities. That, and she's a really strong AI and doesn't go for domination victories, which can make her very interesting to compete with in the late game if she hasn't already run away with the game. Having said all that, she isn't often my neighbour - she might be less consistently friendly if she were. Although I have meaningless wars declared on me from powers like Egypt on other continents, but not Catherine that I recall.

Another contender for me would be Rome. I often play as them, but when I do not I find his 'creeping' style of play unacceptable. You know when Augustus decides to DoW you, even 20 turns (marathon) before it happens.

Top Bottom