What determine the best player in SP? Is more important final score or final turn?

What? Why all the advise then to struggling players to ignore in-game score? Having high score is actually quite hard in SP, harder even than winning by Domination. High score is only easy at lower difficultly levels, and OP is asking about best player in SP.

Has anyone ever won a peaceful Deity game by high score?

In deity, it is not, but, if you lower the difficulty to king or prince, getting high score could be easy enough. Besides, there isn't any additional score for passing the game at the deity level.

Basically playing like you're on Prince, but obviously reacting more skillfully to things that are going on.

What does even mean, though?

I mean, that makes it sound like I'd just default to massive science since I'm not *planning* on domination or diplomatic or culture. Which means lots of science to help every victory type...which will then probably end up as a science victory.

I am impressed by fast CVs and DomVs because a lot is involved in this type of victory. I am not impressed by fast SV because it's just too formulaic and boring. Ditto a 'speed' DiploV. I am more impressed by DiploVs when conditions are really hard, like Nigel Nufnell's victory on DCL #10.

I also rate people who innovate new strategies or hone existing ones.

From this POV I'd say that the players I most admire (and who've taught me lots) are: Acken, Peddroelm, Moriarte and KB27787.

Its easier to get a higher score at these difficulties since ais build enough for you to conquer and dont defend as much as immortal or deity. Ais wont build enough in the lower difficulties for you to conquer and get a higher score.

Top Bottom