"What do you want MOST from the next patch?"

After an attempt to play Civ5 again what I really want from a patch is QUICK MOVES, QUICK COMBAT and DON'T SHOW AI MOVEMENT AND COMBAT!

Do I really need to see a barb galley bombarding an AI-scout fifteen turns in a row? :mad:

I usually go into strategic view. It makes things so much better.

Okay, this may seem like rant but here it goes..
1. Bring back city happiness and remove global happiness counter.
2. Bring back healthiness/unhealthiness.
3. Bring back war weariness and remove artificial mechanics that are in place.
4. Fix victory conditions. Especially "domination" and "diplomatic" which are utterly jokes now.
5. Fix AI, really. Maybe lift one hex limit if you have to. Also make roleplaying/brutal ai options so both hard core strategists and those who enjoy more civilization simulation style of playing can enjoy the game.

There are too many to mention in one post. Simply said, bring back everything that was good in CIV4 and was removed from Civ5 for some reason (or drastically changed to worse).

Finally, publish dll source, so community can fix most of the problems themselves.

Lifting the hex limit will break the AI more than help it at this point.

Lifting the hex limit will break the AI more than help it at this point.
Perhaps. But I believe that allowing (limited) stacking would make recoding less ******ed AI easier. I doubt one unit per hex AI will be useful anywhere in near future. There are just so many ways human can exploit terrain and AI can't.

Wouldn't limited stacking cause the AI problems of knowing what to put in each stack? The player will still be able to abuse that better than the AI.

After all, Civ4 AI wasn't any smarter. It brute-strength its way during war. The AI's handling of 1UPT (unlike diplomacy) has actually improved greatly since the last patch so I don't think it would be that hard to improve it.

Well, I don't really care that much if its 1UPT or not (except that stacks are so much more manageable especially during invasions). Just hope they would fix it in one way or another

Seems to me that limited stacking just makes things even more messy. I'd prefer some sort of balancing to minimise the carpet effect.

A few things that might help:
- AI builds less standing army, but focuses heavily on units (and particularly unit purchasing) when at war/preparing for war and militarily under-equipped.
- Balance to favour smaller armies; a better system of unit maintenance could perhaps help achieve this, though I realise the balancing would still be very tricky
- Balance cities to favour wider spacing and less ICS (and make the AI prefer wider spacing as well). This way you're effectively reducing the relative size of each hex - and a slightly larger-size map could function as a current normal-sized map but with a finer grid.

These are all very non-trivial problems to solve, but I think they would ideally provide a way to have greater tactical maneuverability through having armies composed of fewer units, and a less cramped arena in which to fight. And they have the advantage of not fundamentally changing a core system of the game.

I would like them to make the game fun to play.

I'd like them to come out with a half decent patch, period. It's been a month+ and still no news whatsoever?

Wouldn't limited stacking cause the AI problems of knowing what to put in each stack? The player will still be able to abuse that better than the AI.

Not necessarily if there is one fixed kind of a stack that AI always uses. But that's not too interesting either. IMO limited stack is a terrible idea even if it makes the AI more competent. It combines worst sides from both 1UPT and SoD. There are no more tactics than with SoD, but there are still troop moving-MM and jamming problems of 1UPT. In fact, moving troops may become more tedious as you must arrange all your troops in maximum size stacks.

Top Bottom