What is the biggest REF you have beaten

dalgo

Emperor
In my case it was 926 units at Patriot difficulty. It took me 24 turns to beat them; the largest single landing was 112. I also took out 48 Man-o-War although that wasn’t required for the win.

Attachments

• Fernando.JPG
    Fernando.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 313
Impressive. Even more impressive is that IIRC you won all your games so far, at any level.

For the record, I'd say my biggest REF is in the 400-500.

I'll try the 'Bells from start' strategy for it must be fun to fight such an outstanding army.

PS: Sunk 48 man of wars. Great job! I don't even try attacking them usually because they're so strong...

About 650-700 from what I can remember. :)

How in heck do you guys do it? I get hammered so quick I feel like the chihuahua in the tiger habitat...

Lots of dragoons, and harass them in the open. Also helps if you wipe out a few indians to get promotions too. Concentrate on withdrawing promotions, as when you withdraw you can pull back to heal.

Don't attach the REF head on or defend in the cities. You'll get trashed!

Yeah go with the dragoons, make sure you get the +1 movement for them and road every tile in your territory. That gives you the mobility to hit the REF where ever they land and still get back to town to heal. Promote a couple of 'Surgeon III' healers early on too.

Dang 926! Do you wait late game to declare or something(beyond 1725)?

The game I just finished had the largest REF I have dealt with so far, 321. This was on Rev and still took 26 years(played on epic so double that for # turns) for the king to land all his troops. I even produced bells from the outset, though my sentiment got plenty high enough at 1702 to just do it(over 80%). I suppose I could have gone and wiped out the Spanish/French to get some free cities and veterans but it didn't seem wise considering the distance from my colonies.

Dang 926! Do you wait late game to declare or something(beyond 1725)?

The game I just finished had the largest REF I have dealt with so far, 321. This was on Rev and still took 26 years(played on epic so double that for # turns) for the king to land all his troops. I even produced bells from the outset, though my sentiment got plenty high enough at 1702 to just do it(over 80%). I suppose I could have gone and wiped out the Spanish/French to get some free cities and veterans but it didn't seem wise considering the distance from my colonies.

Close - it was actually 1719. Like you I had a high RS (79%) at declaration. I find this gives me huge combat bonus boost, even more so in this game as I had Bolivar, and my troops just scythe through the King's men. Most landings are put away for zero loss.

Top Bottom