What's the latest you've seen the first AI pantheon?

Gori the Grey

The Poster
Normal speed.

In the game I'm playing right now, as Rome, I founded a pantheon on turn 10 (religious CS and shrine). The first AI (Assyria) didn't found the second pantheon until turn 83!. I had a religion before the third pantheon was founded (86). I'm now on turn 120 and no more civs have so much as founded a pantheon, though Assyria has a religion. I've never seen a game where all the AIs have so neglected religion. (Attila, Poland, France, Austria, England, Indonesia).

Then a follow-up, strategy question: what should I do here? Will this make spreading my religion easy? I'm building Borobodour (sp?) so I may soon have three missionaries. Should I go use them in the civs that have no pantheon? Will that help me get a good foothold? Keep them from even bothering with a pantheon? Or will they found one after I've converted them and that will root me out? I've rarely used religion much, rarely been able to.

Only negative, I'm on the east end of a pangaea and Assyria is to my west, so he's closer to everybody else. I'll have to go past him to convert everybody but Attila (to my N).

Emperor, if that matters.

Normal speed.
In the game I'm playing right now, as Rome, I founded a pantheon on turn 10 (religious CS and shrine).

???
How did you have a shrine by turn 9? Did you pop pottery from a goody hut and then change your build order? The Religious CS I understand, maybe you found 2 of them early?

Sorry. I meant I got the 10-faith pantheon. I never get the first pantheon. Scout, monument, shrine, so maybe turn 25 or whatever (unless you get faith for finding Mt. Sinai; I also did that). Anyway, now it's about turn 125. I've earned my second prophet, enhanced my religion and built Borobudur and still no one else has founded a pantheon. Also, one of the two other civs that did, England has been pretty nearly overrun by Attila, so I suspect he won't be founding a religion soon. It's fun.

Oops. I'm messing up everything about this thread. Anyway, she's been so defanged, I can call her "he" with impunity. In fact that's what I'm going to do for the rest of this game.

But, hey, how 'bout to my first question. What's the latest you've seen the first pantheon (after your own, assuming you found one) founded?

Not sure exactly but pretty late in the game; although the AI normally beelines religion.

They always go for the one that increases city ranged attack. Then they'll take the resource/terrain beliefs.

The latest pantheon I've seen is probably in the beginning renaissance era. Lately, I've seen pantheons founded so early that I ended up being the latest pantheon founder with around 25 faith. Then the last pantheon founder is around the classical or medieval era.

Top Bottom