When AI wins, what victory type is it?

luckyshuffle

Chieftain
Well, I have beaten emporer once and am ready to try immortal

On the hardest two settings surely the AI must win before you can at times.

I would rule out military victory - let's just assume you deny them their last opposing original capital. .. your own of course.

So when the AI has won in a game you played, or when they would have won if you didn't PERSONALLY intervene, what victory type was it.

Like, usually science but a few times culture..... even three way split... what?

Also, on the top two difficulties, does the AI go all out against you as a team when you are Bout to win? I have never played multiplayer but that is what I would do . And I assume 99% of other real people would do the same. So the high level AI should... my emperor oppenents did a bit but not all together, maybe just half the countries, and later into my inevitable victory than I expected.

Thanks

The AI should never win a diplo victory. If worse comes to worst you ally/coup a few CS and declare war on the civ so they don't have enough WC votes. Then you have a lot more time to win/kill their cses or kill them.

Usally science but i thinx the best bet would be time victory if you didn't be fast enough you could lose to AI that has lots of wonders and cities

On Deity, the vast majority of cases of AI winning are the human suffering an early game conquest defeat / human abandoning game early in the face of an unprepared early DOW from the AI would slow them down too much.

Among ones in which the human is still around to see the AI victory screen, AI launching spaceship is most common; there's several more AIs whose flavors can stumble into launching the space ship than with flavors to stumble into a cultural victory.

Second most common on Deity would be AI with high culture flavor (such as Brazil) winning a culture victory when the human didn't notice in time.

The AI doesn't tend to win Diplomatic at all; its easy for the human to block.

While the AI is usually in the lead on the scoreboard used for time victory; humans playing on Deity have already learned how to win fast enough to avoid Immortal AI winning space ship / culture; and that requires winning significantly before 2050 AD would be reached. In many cases human winning an accidental cultural victory while attempting conquest would occur before this.

Had the AI manage a Sacred Site victory (ie tourism) in the late renaissance :crazyeye: once. Must have been the most outrageous luck on it's part lining up.

But yeah as other people said science is most likely. With culture following close behind.

Conquest should just not happen, period, with how bad it fares against humans.

Conquest should just not happen, period, with how bad it fares against humans.

On Deity, the AI has an early window to do so while its handicap bonuses are the strongest. It's just much narrower than in previous versions.

1. It requires one of the few AIs with highly aggressive flavor ratings to start next to the human.

2. The window is much narrower. (While the extra starting military units the AI starts with on Deity are still a major portion of its army and the human hasn't reached Archery.) Later on it will start tripping over its own units.

Mostly science in my experience. Usually there are at least two runaway culture civs and I don't need to defend against the culture victory, and you can usually defend against diplo victory pretty well. Sometimes I've lost my capital early on higher difficulties, because of how many bonuses the AI has in that period (and once I lost it on prince due to completely ignoring the fact that Atilla started near me, and assuming I'd be invincible), but never seen a full out domination victory by the AI.

Science is the most straightforward victory condition. The AI may not directly focus on it but they'll get there eventually (as they say all roads lead to rome)

I have lost a few games by Diplo to Alex, but not in a while. If I do not pay attention soon enough, he will have 300+ influence over most all of CS. After coming in first a couple time for WL vote, he can enough enough votes to win and have an unassailable position. So it is important never to let him get that far ahead. Other AI can do well enough with Gunboat Diplomacy to make a player Diplo VC harder than an SV.

I have lost several games by CV to Deity AIs with no particular Tourism UA.

I have lost several many games by SV to Deity AIs. I like the game design that loss-by-SV is a reliable turn limiter.

Top Bottom