Where are the rest of the Txt Keys?

Ankorafeonix

Chieftain
I find them scattered all over the place.

I mainly want to find the original text keys for Policies and the Help descriptions for buildings - none of which are in the Assets/New Text folder nor in the Expansion2/Gameplay/XML folder.

Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache

Look in Civ5DebugDatabase.db for the TXT_KEY_... names referenced by each item, and look up the actual elements of the text in Localization-Merged.db (note: look in the table Language_en_US).

You will require a database viewing application (such as DB Browser for SQLite) to view the tables.

I highly suggest against using XML files for anything but cursory lookups that can be done with a single CTRL+F, and only on the tables with a large number of columns.

Ninja'ed Nutty :D

The easiest way is to use a SQLite Browser (e.g., SQLite Manager for Firefox, SQLiteStudio, or SQLiteSpy), and look at the text database in the user folder cache\Localization-Merged.db file. Note that the structure is different from the main database, Civ5DebugDatabase.db -- you'll be looking at Views instead of Tables.

You could also just use a good search tool like Agent Ransack or grepWin to go through all of the XML files.

For buildings you could also try searching through this file. It is arranged so searches from top-down find BNW before G&K before Vanilla. I compiled it before I learned me better.

Also, it may not have the changes from the last couple of BNW patches.

Top Bottom