Where to change auto save interval?

Nikis-Knight

Deity
I have a problem with this and WM as well where after so many turns the game will crash due to memory allocation error. I can restart the last save and play past that point without problem, so I know it is partially my machine at fault.
I can live with this, but I have forgotten where to change the auto save interval (some ini file I can't find after a quick look.) I want to make it save after every turn. Can someone point me in the right direction here?

In Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword/CivilizationIV.ini, search for "save" you should find
Code:
AutoSaveInterval = 4
Wow, what a sametimeninjathing.

I often wonder what the effects of making this auto-save every turn would be. I actually suspect that many of the memory allocation errors occur during the auto-save process (since I almost always lose the full 3 turns).

I set it to autosave every turn. Biggest time saver ever. Haven't noticed any more crashes than usual.

I have it to autosave every turn and to save 50 previous saves, and it very rarely crashes for me :)

Autosave every turn, 500 saves, no problems whatsover.

In Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword/CivilizationIV.ini, search for "save" you should find
Code:
AutoSaveInterval = 4
Wow, what a sametimeninjathing.

To autosave every turn, I edit the "AutoSaveInterval = 1", is that correct?

Top Bottom