Which Great Person appears

fxtdr79

Chieftain
I checked and couldn't find this question asked before so I'm going to ask it.

Does anyone know how the game determines what type of Great Person appears? I noticed a list of technologies associated with Great People but I'm not sure how the two tie together.

Is something regarding techs, city style, etc. Hard to 100% understand. Believe the other day I completed the last achievement, Unlock all great people, and I was waiting for days to get Sargon :( . Otherwise I should had my 1000 achievements long time ago.

I can never seem to get Great artists. Most of the time I am getting great scientists even though I am researching cultural techs.

I've been trying to figure this out too. If I knew, I'd be striving hard to get a Great Leader (Agamemnon or David) early to pump out Elite units when combined with a Barracks. As it is, seems to be random though I remember reading somewhere that it has something to do with what you're building. Bamf226's entry, and personal experience, seems to discount this theory though...

That's exactly what I was trying to do Shinseng, try to go for getting a Great Leader to pump out those elite military unites with a barracks.

I've noticed that I tend to get great leaders when I have been building a lot of military units in my capital, so I assume it has something to do with what you're building, not researching.

when you find school of confucism., you almost always get a humanatarian and builder/scientist.

I have all but 3 great people. A builder, a explorer and david.

To get a great leader you should probably try to build barracks, walls and as many military units as possible, and try to get as little research, gold and culture as possible to decrease the chances of getting those GPs. Military wonders such as the great wall, the samurai castle and military-industrial complex might help as well.

In the game I played last night, my capital & one other city were under heavy attack so I started pumping out military units from all cities, including my capital even though I'd been using my capital for culture to-date. I also rushed a barracks. In about 7 turns, David appeared, and I started getting some pretty cool upgrades to all my troops. Of course, it helped me win the war!

Guess what I'm saying is, I agree with bonafide11... I think it's due to what you're building, not what you're researching.

Top Bottom