WHY can't i build a spaceport??!?!?

nakedzergling

Chieftain
I have 6 cities, all of them have EVERY building built, I have researched EVERY technology, (future tech keeps looping). I have 50,000+ gold, a huge army, but i can't build a spaceport.
Everything says -research space flight [done]
-build apolo wonder [done]
-build ship parts...WHERE???!?!!?
I've checked every city, under units and buildings. I literally cannot build ANYTHING ELSE (except some other wonders)

Do you have to be a certain government to build space stuff? WTF?!?!?!

I've been playing this game for like 6 hours and i wanted to win by space!!!!!WTF!!!!!!
HELP!!!!!!

You can't build a spaceport. What you can build are SS (spaceship) things though. And you don't need the apollo program for that. All you need is the tech Space Flight.

They're under buildings, they're called SS [Something]. To launch a spaceship you need at least one of each, though if you build more engines/fueltanks your ship will get to Alpha Centauri faster, and if you build more habitation/life support you'll get more points.

You can have different parts built in different cities, when they're built they get launched into orbit and attached to your spaceship. If you want to open the space screen again after you've closed it, press the (<) button (assuming you're on the 360).

Right..i phrased it wrong.
BUT those are not there either. "Buildings" option is greyed out. I have literally everything build except 3 wonders.
I'm on the 2nd difficulty setting as the japanese.

Is this a glitch?

Do you still have your capital? If so then it's probably a glitch. You going to either start over or win another way.

That's weird. I haven't encountered this glitch. I'm pretty sure that if you have the Space Flight tech that you cities should automatically have the option to build SS parts.

All that being said, the only thing that makes any sense is a glitch in the system.

If you lost your capital, you will have to find another way to win. Try economics, switch all your cities to gold and rush markets and banks. You will build up fast. Turtle up. Use you best production city to build a workshop, iron mine (if applicable) and factory to build the world bank fast.

I haven't lost ANY cities.
I saw someone post this in another forum as well, but no one knew there either.

Are you playing one of the scenarios?

Some of the scenarios a tech victory is not possible therefore you cannot build the space parts. Some of the scenarios your only victory option is domination.

I would like you to load your game up to try something- don't save it or anything after:

-Build a settler, then find somewhere, anywhere, and build a new city.
-See if the SS parts are available under "buildings" in the new city. If they are, then it's a bug with the "Buildings" option being greyed out when you've built all buildings in your city except for the SS parts.

Top Bottom