why civ V does not install on my pc?

adam19

Chieftain
hello! merry christmas
i need help, i bought yesterday civ V gold edition, so i downloaded steam y and i try playing the game but it asks to install it.
Ok i install it but is super slow!!!! after 4 hours is just in 70%
is that normal? what can i do?

thank you so much!

I must say is my first steam game, i still dont manage with steam

To install it, your computer needs to download it. To download it, your computer needs to recieve several gigabytes of data through your internet connection. Yes, it can take several hours. 70% in 4 hours is possible.

Right now you can't do anything to make it happen faster, i suspect. For the future, if you want games to download much faster, - you can ask your internet service provider about how you can get a faster connection. It probably would be more expensive than your current connection, but probably not any much.

At the moment l4d2 is free on steam so I suspect many people are trying to get that. Normally your download speeds will be your line's maximum. Also the sales are on so increased traffic for the steam servers.

Another issue might be: Are you playing another Steam game while you wait for the download? Most Steam games by default suspend the download of other games when launched (can be adjusted under Properties for specific game by right-clicking on the game while viewing your Library in Steam).

Top Bottom