Why I can’t see the Icon in my Mod?

Sneckman7

Chieftain
Hi, I am trying to make mods using my own icons but it doesn’t work. Can anyone help me how could i fix this problem? I have insert the texture file in dds format to Modbuddy and create the xlp for it. Then i have register my units/buildings with the corresponding icons with the xml files, but why in the game i can only see a blank icon? Example : My texture file is Warrior80.dds and Warrior80.tex . I have then assign them in the XLP file Warrior80. In the Mod.Art.xml I wrote down the name of the XLP “Icons” in the UITextures Library. Then in the Icons.xml, i wrote down
ATLAS_MY_WARRIOR Size=“80” IconsPerRow=“1” IconsPerColumn=”1” Filename=“Warrior80.dds”

<IconDefinitions>ICON_UNIT_WARRIOR Atlas=“ATLAS_MY_WARRIOR” Index=“0”<IconDefinitions>
Anyone have any Idea why it then doesn’t exist in the game?

Are you able to share your ModBuddy project?

In scenarios like this, where there are lots of things in a chain, having the files makes it a lot easier to troubleshoot. FWIW, everything you've described above sounds logical - though without the files in front of me, I can't say for sure if that is everything you need.

A few general notes:

- Icons for different elements appear throughout the game's UI in various different sizes. Therefore it's best to check the base-game to ensure you're using the appropriate sizes for the appropriate type of item.
- If you are using the XLP method, then I think the reference to the file should not be the 'raw' file, but rather the reference string. If using the ImportFiles method - which I believe does not require an XLP - then using the filename should suffice.

If/when you are able to share your project, I'll definitely have a look properly and compare to my own (known-functional) work to see where things differ, if indeed they do.

Ok thank you for your suggestion. I will try to share if I could, anyway do we need to assign the files in the Art.xml if we use the importfiles method? I would try to use the importfiles method if it is simpler than the XLP method. The XLP method drives me crazy.

Top Bottom