why iron working = getting into medieval era??

Jim Bro

Emperor of Quebec
it seems to me we could enter the medieval era with another tech and that the early part of the game is too short. is it?

Personally, i feel it is.

I need more time to expand my empire during the ancient-classical era.

Iron working doesn't get you into the medieval era. Metal casting ( The tech right after ) does.

I think a large part of feeling that you get to iron working and metal casting too fast comes from the fact that it's something you're quite likely to beeline. If you are going for early conquest, then you're going to go for iron working, and this does shorten the early game. However, it's not as noticeable if you aren't beelining in that direction.

I think a large part of feeling that you get to iron working and metal casting too fast comes from the fact that it's something you're quite likely to beeline. If you are going for early conquest, then you're going to go for iron working, and this does shorten the early game. However, it's not as noticeable if you aren't beelining in that direction.

yeah maybe ok thanks

using IW to get to classical is a very long path, but getting to medieval afterwards is a cinch. The real issue that I see is that it is way too easy to get to steel in the mid 60's. I think that CS should be a prereq for steel in future patches.

That's not a bad idea. It makes Civil Service so vital, though (and it's already an extraordinarily difficult tech to get).

Top Bottom